Under general supervision, deliver exceptional customer service by supporting the ServiceDepartment by assisting customers onthe phone and in person before, duringand afterservice/repair processes.
Principle Duties andResponsibilities:
- Answer all incoming service calls in a prompt and friendly manner, displaying appropriate tone of voice and empathy throughout the entire customerinteraction.
- Assist Customer Advisors/Service Consultants with customers when needed.
- Answer basic service department questions, schedule service appointments, route customers’ calls.
- Provide written messages to the responsible party in a timely manner.
- Complete reminder calls for customers scheduled for an appointment
- Assist the service department in contacting customers once special ordered parts have arrived to schedule appointments
- Contact customers with Repair Requests to schedule appointments
- File repair orders and all supporting documentation daily.
- Audit all sublet invoices to ensure they are processed and resolved per CarMax Guidelines.
- Ensure the loaner log and dealer tags are always in compliance with audit requirements.
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills.
- Execute Retail Service Standardized Work
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by consistently executing the Retail Service Standardized Work and Voice of Customer (VoC) processes.
- Maintain or exceed the CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain proper records.
- Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheet knowledge.
- Successfully work with associates in other departments within the store.
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
- Demonstrate above average communication skills with the ability to speak and listen effectively when dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Stay current in CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process.
- Possess intermediate computer skills
- Primarily indoor environment; may include working at times in noisy conditions.
- May require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
Back to top