7653 - Kearny Mesa - 7766 Balboa Ave, San Diego, California, 92111
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, deliver exceptional customer service by supporting the Service Department by assisting customers on the phone and in person before, during and after service/repair processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Answer all incoming service calls in a prompt and friendly manner, displaying appropriate tone of voice and empathy throughout the entire customer interaction.
• Assist Customer Advisors/Service Consultants with customers when needed.
• Answer basic service department questions, schedule service appointments, route customers' calls. • Provide written messages to the responsible party in a timely manner.
• Complete reminder calls for customers scheduled for an appointment
• Assist the service department in contacting customers once special ordered parts have arrived to schedule appointments
• Contact customers with Repair Requests to schedule appointments • File repair orders and all supporting documentation daily.
• Audit all sublet invoices to ensure they are processed and resolved per CarMax Guidelines. • Ensure the loaner log and dealer tags are always in compliance with audit requirements.
• Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
• Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills.
• Execute Retail Service Standardized Work
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times by consistently executing the Retail Service Standardized Work and Voice of Customer (VoC) processes.
• Maintain or exceed the CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain proper records.
• Intermediate computer skills including spreadsheet knowledge.
Service Operator Job Description
• Successfully work with associates in other departments within the store.
• Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
• Demonstrate above average communication skills with the ability to speak and listen effectively when dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
• Stay current in CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process.
• Possess intermediate computer skills
• Primarily indoor environment; may include working at times in noisy conditions.
• May require sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
• Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
• Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Code of Business Conduct, Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity, Proper Recording of Time, Environmental Health and Safety, and Standards of Professional Appearance policies.
Disclaimer and Approvals:
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other protected characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax.
This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email email@example.com.
Back to top