- Clearwater, FL
7172 - Clearwater - 2550 Roosevelt Blvd, Clearwater, Florida, 33760
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, deliver exceptional customer service by acting as a liaison between the customer and retail technician (Traditional), or mechanical associate (Flow) on the phone before, during, and after the service/repair processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet and greet all service customers in a friendly manner conveying exceptional customer service skills and empathy throughout the entire customer interaction.
• Assist Service/Customer Operators with incoming service calls when needed.
• Accurately interview and document customer concerns.
• Establish specific call time with each customer to update them on the status of their vehicle and consistently meet those call time commitments, (This may require multiple calls to the same customer each day).
• Create repair orders, and route work to technicians or mechanical associates.
• Obtain accurate estimates and approvals for Extended Service Policy (ESP) claims.
• Consult with customers regarding needed repairs.
• Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing. .
• Close and invoice repair orders.
• Clearly explain and communicate all recommendations/repairs/service/maintenance performed to ensure customer understanding.
• Collects service payments and manages cash including receiving and counting money.
• Balance a busy workload and properly dispatch work to the appropriate technician/mechanical associate. • Ensure all customer concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
Work requires ability to:
• Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
• Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active listening skills.
• Provide exceptional customer service at all times by consistently executing the Retail Service Standardized Work and Voice of Customer (VoC) processes.
• Meet or exceed CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
• Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records.
• Intermediate computer skills, including spreadsheet knowledge.
• Successfully work with associates in other departments within the store.
• Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working environment.
• Demonstrate above average communication skills with the ability to speak and listen effectively when dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
• Stay current in CarMax provided training in all areas of the Service process.
• Combination of both office and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
• Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
• Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
• Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to: Code of Business Conduct, Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity, Proper Recording of Time, Environmental Health and Safety, and Standards of Professional Appearance policies
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top