Senior Teradata Database Analyst
What we do:
Over twenty years ago, CarMax disrupted the automotive industry and to this day remains the undisputed market leader in a $500B+ industry. With best-in-class information technology, operational excellence, customer satisfaction, and associate engagement, CarMax is well positioned for continued growth.
Who we are looking for:
The application DBA will focus on database design and the ongoing support and administration of databases for a specific application or applications.
- You will be an expert at writing and debugging complex SQL and understands the best ways to incorporate database requests into application programs
- Provide guidance to the analyst community in development of solutions and database designs
- Conduct performance analysis and tuning using DBQL, index and statistics information
- Review table designs and code for improvements
- Provide guidance for database and client upgrade coordination
- Provide guidance to Operational DBA on daily maintenance functions
- Work with Data Architect and Operational DBA to develop Security Management structure to align job functions, containers and roles
- Provide guidance to EDW/BI Analysts in development of solutions and database designs
- Participate in developing EDW/BI roadmaps
- End user training (Teradata SQL and platform training)
- Design Teradata purge and archive strategy
- Provide guidance on Big Data solutions (Hadoop, MongoDB, Aster)
- On-call activities to support Operational DBA/BI team with large projects or crisis situations
What you need to have:
- 5 + years of application Teradata database administration required
- 5 + years' experience supporting a client/server or equivalent application development environment
- 5+ years' experience in UNIX and MS Windows environments
- 4-year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred.
If think this is you, let us know and apply! What are you waiting for?
See for yourself on why you should come work here:
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top