Senior Specialist - Payroll
This position will act as a key member of the payroll department, ensuring that over 22,000 associates in over 37 states are paid timely and accurately. The team member will act as the primary contact for our associates in handling complex payroll issues, while proactively identifying and resolving potential problems. Qualified candidates must be able to work in a dynamic, high volume, fast paced environment and demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process data entry for multi-state payroll under strict deadlines while ensuring all entries and system outputs are in compliance with all state and federal laws. Including the following payroll related functions that support the business such as audits, peer reviews, tax and pay calculations, taxation of gifts, prizes, bonus payments and commissions, as well as any additional tasks relating to payroll processing and reporting requirements.
- Support our internal and external customers that have payroll inquiries.
- Analyze and process off-cycle pay, special payments, adjustments and reversals.
- Determine root cause of payroll errors by collecting and analyzing information under strict deadlines.
- Proactively ensure all errors and issues are being resolved in a timely manner.
- Calculate, process, and record overpayment repayments.
- Assist with the development of payroll policy and procedures, contingency plans and process improvement initiatives by leveraging existing tools and processes.
- Special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Embraces change
- Leadership, relationship & collaboration experience amongst peers
- Motivate peers
- Process improvement experience
- Delivers on customer commitments
- Prioritizes customer service over non-customer tasks
- Partners with others to best serve the customer
- Gets the work done well, on time, and ensures the team follows the right processes
- Owns the work; makes and follow through on commitments
- Assigns daily work and follows up to drive productivity
- Thinks logically; has a thought process that is practical and grounded
- Considers impact of decisions
- Takes time necessary to make right choice, does so quickly if needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 4+ years of business experience, including 2+ years of payroll related accounting or finance experience required or related business degree
- Account reconciliation experience preferred
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Excel required (i.e. Filtering, VLookups, Subtotals, Shortcuts); basic level of MS Access preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional or Fundamental Payroll Certification preferred
- Experience with payroll compliance, payroll taxes, and understanding of state and federal labor laws preferred
- Workday experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent required
Back to top