Senior Specialist - Early Collections
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 7th of Atlanta's top 25 large companies, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
Under limited supervision, responsible for assisting supervisor in obtaining department goals by providing associate training, monitoring associate calls, motivating associates, auditing associate work product and providing a high level of customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take incoming phone calls as needed and answer customer questions regarding his/her account.
• Make outbound calls and collect on past due accounts as scheduled.
• Verify information on the account is correct and update as necessary.
• Educate customers regarding the account, explain interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, payment options and account management options.
• Request information or correspondence from other departments using company database.
• Handle elevated customer account issues/inquires.
• Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
• Annotate accounts in inter-company systems to document interactions with the customer.
• Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to research and follow up on customer issues/concerns.
• Train, provide support, ideas and encouragement to collections specialists.
• Conduct live/recorded call monitors to ensure quality, compliance, and identify training needs.
• Audit accounts to monitor associate quality and training needs.
• Assist with floor management and answer associate questions.
• Assist with creation, tracking of incentive programs, and report associate statistics to supervisor.
• Generate reports that help measure the success of the department.
• Assist with the facilitation of training sessions during team meetings and floor huddles.
• Special Projects as assigned.
• Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
• Good time management and organizational skills.
• Tolerate stressful situations with customers.
• Demonstrated leadership among peers.
• Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone.
• Effectively communicate and train associates.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• One year certificate from college/technical school or three to six months related experience/training.
• Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
• Basic computer knowledge including understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Collections and/or Customer Service experience preferred.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
• Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top