Senior Software Developer
What we do:
Do you want to make car buying easier? Hate sitting in a dealership for hours? We have a challenge for you then...help us figure out a way to make the car buying process short, sweet and to the point!
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a senior developer to drive innovation here at CarMax. You get to work with your own product manager and UX guru to design and develop tools for associates to capture, manipulate, and store images, as well as innovate new ways to display and manipulate our product images that will enhance our customers' online experience.
Let's get under the hood! Here is the techie part:
- Microsoft .NET
- Azure (To the cloud!)
- HTML/CSS and other web design components
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing
What we REALLY would like:
- Endeca technologies
- Sitecore Content Management
- MongoDB/No SQL Technologies
- Deep understanding of HTTP, HTML, and current web development frameworks, patterns, and practices
- Experience with high-volume web architecture at both a software and infrastructure level
- Passion for software quality and experience with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Experience with automated testing
- Familiarity with common software design patterns
Ability to mentor junior developers and help them weigh tradeoffs in design decisions
- Takes ownership of software delivery and accountable for successful releases
- This Senior Developer should be an excellent team player (No backseat drivers, please!)
- Experience in Agile software development, strong desire to eliminate waste and deliver value
- Comfortable partnering with business owners to collaborate on product specifications, direction, and design
- Excellent written communication, able to provide clear technical specifications for business requirements
- Support an on-call rotation for nighttime incidents a few weeks out of the year
What you need to have:
- 5 + years of application development experience required
- 4 year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred.
- Preferred experience in appropriate development language (see Specialty section)
- Certifications, etc.
- Appropriate Certification Preferred (see Specialty section)
- RDBMS experience
- Typically 6+ years of database development experience (see Specialty section)
If think this is you, let us know and apply! What are you waiting for?
See for yourself on why you should come work here:
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top