Under general direction of the Recruiting Leadership, this position will manage and execute recruiting process for all assigned positions. This will include the development and execution of effective recruiting strategies; the development of strong partnerships among hiring managers, candidates and teammates; and the delivery of exceptional customer service to both external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and execute the recruiting process including, but not limited to:
- Conduct initial hiring manager in-take meetings in order to gain a solid understanding of job profiles and recruitment needs
- Develop and execute effective recruiting strategies. This will include proactively sourcing and identifying passive & non-passive candidates through recruiting strategies with a strong focus on networking, relationship building and the use of the most up-to-date recruiting technologies.
- Develop and conduct phone interviews on prospective candidates
- . Present a diverse slate of candidates whose qualifications align with the job qualifications discussed initially during manager in-take meetings.
- Proactively drive the coordination of the interview process
- Prepare and extend employment offers to candidates including any salary negotiations
- Build effective partnerships with hiring managers in order to influence hiring decisions, and serve as their primary point-of-contact through the CarMax recruiting process. This includes clear and timely communication over the phone, through email and/or face-to-face meetings
- Advise hiring managers regarding the interview/hiring process to ensure fair and consistent candidate selection methods
- Build effective relationships with candidates, and serve as their primary point-of-contact through the recruiting process
- Create job requisitions and accurately manage candidates through the recruiting workflow in applicant tracking systems
- Attend and participate in company-wide activities associated with personal, Professional and organizational development
- Attend and participate in on and offsite recruiting events
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty successfully. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience managing multiple requisitions and administer multiple processes at a time which requires some ability to set and manage one's own priorities, and adjust to change in direction from manager as a result of shifting business needs. This requires strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and the ability to plan short-to-mid term
- Successful track record of effectively communicating in a clear and timely manner to all levels of stakeholders (i.e., hiring managers, team members, candidates). This includes showing some ability to influence stakeholders without direct reporting authority
- Working knowledge of hiring regulations/employment laws, benefits and compensation
- Proven ability to consistently manage and resolve conflict with general guidance from senior team members or managers
- Ability to comprehend and apply basic mathematics
- Ability to identify problems and provide solutions with general guidance from senior team members or managers
EXPERIENCE AND PREREQUISITES:
- Four year degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or related field preferred but not required
- Minimum of 4+ years of general corporate recruiting or related HR experience required,
- Proven track record of successfully building and maintaining strong relationships with hiring managers is required
- Proven ability to successfully use networking & relationship building sites to find candidates (i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
Intermediate to advanced computer skills including proficiency with MS Office products (Word and Excel), internet search engines, and email systems
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top