Senior Real Estate Analyst - Relocation
The Senior Real Estate Analyst ensures the highest level of customer service to relocating associates and their families. This includes the home sale program, real estate referrals, expense processing, travel arrangements and full policy communication and counseling.
The Senior Real Estate Analyst will train other Analysts in the department, may administer specific areas of relocation, and provides back-up coverage for the Relocation Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide full relocation support to associates. 50% Focus areas
o Initial policy counseling and determination of needs of transferring associate and family.
o System set-up and maintenance of all data and expenses.
o Policy communication and follow-up with transferee during entire process.
o Set up all moving, travel and housing needs.
o Broker referrals for selling and buying homes, or rental assistance.
o Full homesale assistance program including appraisal and inspection ordering and review, establish guaranteed buyout, listing management, contract negotiation and approval, closing details.
- Strategy and Analysis: 25%.
o Counsel associates on relocation policies and options, to reach the common goal of a successful move.
o Make recommendations to senior management regarding exceptions to policy.
o Review policies and procedures, and make recommendations to manager and to senior management to improve service and delivery.
o Participate in vendor management and review meetings, and make recommendations to improve service by our vendors to associates and the company.
o Participate in field relocation budget reporting to Division Accounting and senior management.
o Manage the year-end process with the tax service company.
- Train Real Estate Analysts in the department, and provide ongoing support as needed. 10%
- Manage various projects and duties as required: 15%
o Provide back-up coverage for other Analysts and the Relocation Business Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-task in a high-energy fast paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and process documentation
- Ability to uphold and ensure compliance to the Code of Business Conduct, Asset Protection policy and all other CarMax policies
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Effective organization skills
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, meet attendance standards, teamwork, and customer service skills as defined by the competency model designed for salaried associates.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree preferred or commensurate years of experience
- Certified Relocation Professional (CRP) designation preferred
- Real Estate License preferred
- 3-5 years experience in the relocation industry
- Proficient computer skills and moderate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates, managers, and vendors
- Ability to effectively write procedures, guidelines and professional documents
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to associates
- Ability to listen and respond to associates' concerns and questions and explain policies on many levels
- Intermediate math skills required in the role
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top