Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
Richmond, VA - Shockoe Office
About this job
Store Applications is a grouping of Value Streams that are responsible for all of the applications required to manage and execute the in-store experience for 200+ locations at CarMax. The in-store CarMax experience spans the entire customer journey; from customer inception to Sales to CarMax's loyalty programs. These teams operate within the Agile Framework and deliver continuous value to each of the Value Streams. These teams will help drive the bottom line sales of a growing Fortune 500 company.
As part of these Value Streams, CarMax is looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer to work directly with Agile development teams to ensure quality software is delivered to our associates and customers. The Quality Assurance Senior Analyst is a leadership position. It is responsible for leading all aspects of the system test life cycle including managing the schedule and priority of testing efforts, designing, developing, executing, and maintaining test plans, test cases and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned applications. Additional responsibilities include: managing defects, communicating issues, documenting test results, generating reports, development of test automation scripts, defining testing strategies and reviewing documentation and managing large test projects. Senior members are also expected to provide technical, product and process guidance to other QA team members.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Serves as a primary technical resource
- Identifies, documents and coordinates the setup of complex environments for testing operations
- Creates and maintains system test project documentation
- Leads system test events at the project level
- Plans, develops, and executes system and regression level testing scenarios on multiple platforms
- Actively participates in Agile ceremonies
- Accurately estimates tasks and assignments
- Accurately tracks and reports testing progress and project status
- Records defects completely and accurately
- Develop test data, execute test scripts and analyze results for validity and clarity
- Effectively communicates ideas, strategic insight, process improvements and QA standards
- Manages multiple concurrent activities and resources according to priorities
- Leads and manages problem resolution discussions
- Develops test automation scripts
- Proactively leads process improvements and productivity initiatives
- Provides feedback to peers and management on identified areas of improvement
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 or more years of experience in software quality assurance
- Strong automation background using Cucumber & Selenium
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for driving strategic initiatives through large and diverse organizations. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within multiple work streams at one time
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience with BDD/ATDD
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top