Senior Product Manager/Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for discovering and delivering a suite of products that are valuable and usable for our customers as well as feasible to implement from a technology and business point of view.
As part of the Product Management organization, you will have the opportunity to discover and create the next generation of online automotive shopping and ownership experiences - positioning CarMax as a digital best-in-class company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Vision, Strategic Leadership, and Product Discovery
• Serve as a champion of ERP/MRP within the Product organization
• Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the business and the stakeholder needs and constraints.
• Maintain and grow a deep knowledge of the retail and automotive industries, specifically from the point of view of how technology is being applied to enable transactional experiences
• Be an advocate for your product line; articulate the customer and business value to all levels of the organization - senior leadership particularly. Develop compelling presentations and prototypes to communicate your product vision.
• Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process; ensure what is delivered meets the original goals and KPIs.
• Develop and manage the product roadmap for a respective product line; align product improvements to support vision, goals and opportunities
• Lead a product discovery team to successfully prioritize opportunities and identify solutions
• Drive a product team to obtain actionable insights through research
• Maintain strong relationships with key business partners to ensure product plans are aligned with company objectives/plans
• Demonstrate fiscal responsibility in managing budgets and resource plans
• Play an active in external Product Management, UX, and/or Development communities
• Maintain strong relationships with implementation and business development teams to ensure solutions meet product and business goals
• Serve as an interface between stakeholders to obtain product input and ensure awareness and comfort with plans
• Lead one or more cross-functional teams of engineers, designers, and business owners to drive the launch of a product. Make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting your product live
• Define requirements and stories
• Rationalize and manage an opportunity and product backlog; assign and manage priorities
• Provide decisions and approvals to delivery team
• Ensure impacted associates have the appropriate level of awareness, knowledge, buy-in and training of product changes and related processes
• Monitor performance and metrics post-launch; identify and drive improvement opportunities
Team and Process Development:
• Drive collaborative innovation amongst the organization, to identify unique solutions to complex problems
• Creates and enhances guidelines, policies, practices and procedures to drive improvements to internal product management and development processes; partner with other product and business managers to identify opportunity areas and determine best practices
• Manage 3rd party vendor relationships; evaluate 3rd party vendor needs within the context of the product
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Experience with ERP/MRP (Salesforce/Rootstock are nice to haves).
• Demonstrated ability working with both business and technical/engineering customers (UX/DX).
• Understanding of the key elements of a sales transaction (order creation and management, accounting, commission/pay, audit, etc.)
• Higher level of technical functional expertise. Fluent in the basics of data architecture, API's and security.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• BA/BS Degree required. Master's Degree a plus.
• 7+ years' experience in product management, business management or related field. E-Commerce experience a plus.
• Technical background (ERP, Cloud ERP) a plus
*Internal candidates should have successfully completed Sr. MAP
Back to top