Senior Principal Engineer -EDW (Remote)
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax is seeking a Senior Principal Engineer with expertise in leading Data teams and experienced in latest data technologies. CarMax is a data leader and manages some of the richest and largest data sets in the automotive retail industry. As a member of this team, you'll be responsible for sourcing and ingesting this data into our Enterprise Data Lake and developing robust data pipelines to support new data-driven capabilities across the organization and for our iconic customer experience. You'll be responsible for partnering with key data analysts, data scientists, and product managers to gather requirements and ideate solutions. This position is vital in continuously evolving our cloud technological stack and data capabilities in order to meet the high demands of a fast-paced, highly competitive company and industry. If you are looking to join a collaborative team where you can create innovative solutions that provide value to our business, your job search ends here.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively and creatively with other data engineers to develop scalable and maintainable data pipelines using the latest Microsoft Azure technologies and leading industry practices
- Develop patterns and build data pipelines that ingest enterprise-wide data into the Enterprise Data Lake and make it available for consummation for both data analytics and data science
- Partner with a variety of internal stakeholders across the organization to deliver creative, cutting-edge, high-quality engineering solutions that meet business requirements in a fast-paced, ever-changing business environment
- Drive increased efficiency across our agile product delivery teams, eliminating duplication and leveraging product and technology reuse.
- Work alongside Solutions Architects to design efficient platform ecosystem to enable DevOps maturity and release pipeline autonomy.
- 8+ years of application development experience required
- 5+ years overall data engineering experience including guiding ideation, design, and decisions in a collaborative team setting
- Experienced of architecting and implementing modern data platform (data lake or data warehouse) with batch and streaming data ingestion and processing on Azure or AWS cloud
2-3 years' experience developing NoSQL-based data solutions, preferably Cosmos DB
- Data pipeline development with Azure Data Factory and Azure Databricks
- Focus on complete solutions including unit/function/integration testing, documentation, pipeline monitoring and support, and team teach-outs
- Experienced in SQL query, data manipulation language (DML) and data definition language (DDL) including hands-on experience of managing database tables and views
- Experience working with streaming data and technologies, such as Azure Event Hubs
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps methodologies
- Strong teamwork skills, ability to learn quickly, excellent written and spoken communication.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top