Senior Mobile Developer - iOS
CarMax is looking for a developer to drive innovation in our native iOS application. This position will work on a team focused on design and development that will empower our customers tpurchase with confidence.
This is a iOS development role that will report tan IT Manager. You will be responsible for development, implementation, maintenance, and support of software solutions, as well as ensuring that software development meets CarMax®: quality expectations. This Developer should be an excellent team player, organize and priorities tasks and will be a contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis, design, and application development.
What we're looking for:
- Passion for software quality and experience with continuous integration and delivery practices
- Experience with automated testing
- Familiarity with common software design patterns
- A strong background mobile development languages
- Software Development Methodology and Support
- Takes ownership of software delivery and accountable for successful releases
- Experience in Agile software development, strong desire eliminate waste and deliver value
- Comfortable partnering with business owners to collaborate on product specifications, direction, and design
- Excellent written communication, able to provide clear technical specifications for business requirements
- Support an on-call rotation for nighttime incidents a few weeks out of the year
- Objective C
- Restful APIs
- Continuous integration, continuous deployment, and automated testing
- Microsoft .NET
- HTLM/CSS and other web design components
- Microsoft SQL Server
Education and/or Experience:
Years of experience
2 + years of application development experience required
4 year degree required; IT Course of Study preferred.
Appropriate Certification Preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top