Senior Manager, Workforce Management
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Senior Manager of Workforce Management is responsible for ensuring the needs of our customers, associates, and shareholders are met through accurate forecasting and scheduling of omni-channel sales contact center resources. Managing a team of analysts, this key leader supporting Sales Operations will define, build, and own the workforce management process for our multi-site network of sales centers. Management of this program includes: collaboration with executive sponsors and customers, needs analysis, program development, program delivery and measurement, and recommendations for program adjustment/creation of new programs as needed. The Senior Manager of Workforce Management must develop strong Home Office and Field partnerships to ensure all workforce management processes meet the functional needs of the business while driving measurable results. As a member of the Sales Strategy Team, they will consult and partner regularly with key home office and field leaders to help shape and execute the company's overarching Sales Operations improvement and sustainment strategies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve workforce management processes for the omni-channel sales contact center network (forecasting, staffing, scheduling, performance metrics, dashboards, time analysis, etc.).
- Drive strategic planning to inform future workforce needs and process improvements
- Manage WFM Analyst team, including but not limited to work distribution, development and performance management.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with field/sales center partners, support teams, sales and executive leadership to facilitate consistent WFM performance to goals
- Advance company sales and customer experience performance through optimal WFM process design and execution
- Up to 40% travel including overnight stays to manage extended team, conduct on-site assessments/calibration and in-store needs analysis, research and validation of WFM processes
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to problem solve complex operational issues through collaboration, quantitative analytics, and the use of industry recognized tools & methodologies
- Ability to set and deliver a WFM vision and strategy aligned to company goals
- Ability to motivate, influence and persuade across all levels of the organization
- Ability to build and maintain strong business partnerships and stay connected with various areas of the business
- Ability to prioritize and lead team to achieve long-term and short-term results
- Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan with high degree of independence
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to grow associates through constructive feedback and encouragement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong sense of quality control
- Ability to manage competing projects, tasks and demands while meeting tight deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in a business or quantitative discipline preferred - graduate degree a plus
- 3-5 contact center workforce management team leadership experience
- 1-3 years contact center management or other production team management a plus
- Proficiency with industry leading workforce management software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast paced with multiple, simultaneous demands.
- Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is inside a central heat and air-conditioned office building. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top