Senior Manager, Employer Brand and Recruitment Marketing
8115 - Corp Office Canal Crossing - 101 S 15st, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
The Sr. Manager, Recruitment Marketing is responsible for managing many aspects of marketing for one of CarMax's most critical functions - attracting high quality talent. Through identifying, developing, partnering, executing and supporting marketing strategies and tactics, the Sr. Manager will enhance CarMax's position as a best place to work, increasing candidate awareness and preference for CarMax as an employer, building the employer brand and driving pipeline of high-quality candidates. Additionally, this position is responsible for overseeing and managing the relationship with the recruitment marketing agency of record, whom is responsible for recruitment advertising, employer branding, programmatic job advertising and analytics and tracking.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop vision, priorities and KPIs for recruitment marketing.
- Manage all recruitment marketing activities from strategy development, tactics (digital, advertisements, collateral, signage, etc.) to execution and support.
- Monitor effectiveness of channel advertising and optimize strategy accordingly to ensure channels are driving applicants to targeted positions and markets.
- Utilize agile practices to build and support recruitment marketing collaborative team, as team product owner.
- Develop and manage recruitment marketing budget and oversee recruitment marketing vendor and agency partner relationships.
- Manage quarterly planning, project intake process and agency briefing processes ensuring marketing plan execution and compliance.
- Maintain a subject-matter expertise in CarMax recruitment marketing and employer brand marketing in general.
- Build and maintain key relationships across all levels of the organization, including senior management. Gain buy-in from peers, stakeholders, and management.
- Maintain proactive communications, and regularly convene key stakeholders including senior management, regarding recruitment activities to ensure integrated, well-coordinated marketing plan implementation.
- Manage and oversee employer brand positioning across all channels, including paid, shared and owned.
- Serve as primary point of contact for recruitment marketing AOR, providing succinct and clear feedback and direction.
- Partner with recruitment marketing AOR in the development of comprehensive marketing strategies to achieve business and communications goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manger.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions.
- Ability to develop and execute a plan and proactively makes improvements to process execution.
- Ability to provide feedback and successfully coach associates that are not direct reports.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external agencies.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree (Marketing, Advertising, Mass Communications or related field) required
- 6+ years of marketing and management experience
- Recruitment marketing experience a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and nonverbal methods, to all levels of the organization
- Ability to summarize or present complex and/or technical information into easy-to-understand pieces, sometimes through formal presentations or conference calls
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
EddyIT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top