Senior Manager, App Sys
- Richmond, VA
7041 - CarMax Shockoe - 140 Virginia Street, Richmond, Virginia, 23219
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Situated in the rural western suburbs of Richmond is the CarMax Home Office. Behind these walls lies the bustling nerve center of CarMax where innovation takes flight and where associates collaborate to "Drive What's Possible." Over 24 years ago CarMax disrupted the automotive industry and we continue to do so today by harnessing modern development practices, leveraging leading technologies, and engaging with our associates to tackle complex business problems with an innovative approach. Through integrity and transparency, we continue to improve upon our customers experience while also enabling the success of the organization through robust systems and applications that deliver value to our associates.
If you are interested in leading a high performing IT team that is transforming critical CarMax systems, your career search ends now!
Who we are looking for:
The Senior Technology Manager's primary responsibility is to partner with their business areas and provide technology solutions and services that help deliver CarMax's strategic mission and plans. This position will direct and manage the strategic planning, software development, implementation, administration and maintenance for a large suite of application systems and solutions that focus on Payroll, Incentive Management, and Workforce Management.
This includes development of long and short-term technology solutions that address business goals and deliver improved profitability, efficiency and an unrivaled associate experience.
The position partners with numerous business areas including: Payroll, Compensation, HR, Legal, and our store operational areas.
Position Requirements:Here is some of the Day to Day:
Strategic planning and results focus
· Identify the appropriate goals for the teams
· Prioritizing objectives and provide a holistic approach to solution recommendations that includes ROI, time to market, scalability as well as alternative recommendations
· Partner with business stakeholders, peer groups, the IT management team and key associates.
· Present the vision to executive management.
· Communicate the vision to executive management while also providing guidance for the team to support the strategic direction.
Team Leadership and Development
· Attract, recruit, retain and coach a strong team of skilled and engaged associates aligned to the overall mission.
· Create clear role expectations and develop associates to reach their full potential - understand their goals and needs, partner in their development, provide advice, feedback, training and advocacy
· Continue to grow one's knowledge base and stay current with industry trends while also formulating a technology plan for each business area based on in-depth understanding of the current business needs and their future direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Passionate about information technology
· Persuasive communicator - able to explain complex or intangible concepts to stakeholders at all levels
· Good listener - weighs input from multiple perspectives when forming opinions and recommendations
· Collaborative and team oriented work approach
· Experience gaining consensus among a large, diverse group of stakeholders
· Experience managing, training and mentoring others in IT software development and SaaS/Software Package implementation best practices.
· Able to easily motivate and inspire team members, peers, stakeholders and executives
· Innovative; thinks beyond boundaries
· Analytical; solves problems at root cause and prioritizes effectively
· Continuous learner and improvement mentality; never satisfied
· Comfortable speaking to large audiences and executives
· Flexible and open-minded; proactively seeks input from others
· Entrepreneurial drive and spirit; enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
· Handles constructive criticism with ease; adapts easily and efficiently to change
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
· BS/BA degree - IT related, preferred
· 7+ years of experience in Information Technology with 5+ years of application systems development and implementation
· 3+ years' experience managing direct reports
· 3+ years of experience required leading software projects leveraging Agile practices, required
· 3+ years of experience with Payroll / Incentive Management Systems and/or Kronos Workforce Management , preferred not required
If think this is you, let us know and apply!
See for yourself on why you should come work here
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community.
We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top