Senior ITIL Change - Problem Management Lead
The Sr. Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for building relationships and processes between business partners and application development/support teams. This role serves as the conduit between the business community and the application development teams. A Sr. BSA understands the Software Development Lifecycle and proactively seeks to improve processes, procedures, tools, and methodology. The Sr. Business Systems Analyst evaluates processes and influences the outcome of multiple strategic projects simultaneously.
The Sr. BSA works with business partners to understand their needs or issues, gathers and documents business requirements and needs, and translates the requirements and processes for the development teams. The Sr. BSA is responsible for anticipating changes and championing I.T. systems and process to align with those changes. The Sr. BSA ensures that application development efforts consistently meet CarMax®: business requirements, direction, and standards.
The Sr. BSA is responsible for training and developing BSAs on technical skills such as the appropriate processes, tools, and skills needed in their role. The Sr. BSA is a mentor and provides positive and developmental feedback and capitalizes on teachable moments to grow others.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the Change Manager/Problem Manager and ITIL: Champion for CarMax IT
- Partners with all Support, Infrastructure, Operations and Application teams to ensure all processes are adhered to
- Leads creation or modification of policies and procedures as needed, either through own observations or through the needs of other teams
- Leads daily Change Reviews and weekly CAB to review and discuss all changes to the Production environment
- Responsible for completing RCA documentation for all in-scope incidents and meets with SMEs as needed to get all necessary information.
- Tracks and reports on action items arising from incidents and RCAs
- Creates documentation for and hosts the bi-weekly EPRB based upon RCA documentation
- Creates and maintains all relevant documentation for Change and Problem meetings and any necessary process/procedure changes
- Will be responsible for creating Release Management processes and transitioning these and the Release Management responsibilities to the accountable team(s)
- Responsible for being an ITIL Champion and training CarMax associates on ITIL best practices, Change and Problem processes and ServiceNow usage
- Servers as single POC for all Change, Release and ITIL related questions
- Trains and mentors others in the gathering and documenting of artifacts relevant to the Change and Problem Management processes.
- Excellent communication skills to include but not limited to verbal and written communication, delivering organized presentations, able to tailor message to the audience, and facilitate group discussions with diplomacy and seek diverse opinions
- Advanced understanding of ITIL methodologies and best practices
- Multiple years’ experience working on/leading ITIL initiatives in an organization that has also adopted Lean methodologies and a DevOps strategy
- Understands and can utilize various information gathering techniques to understand and document the root cause(s) of incidents.
- Able to identify and document system deficiencies and recommends solutions
- Able to build consensus and maintain strong relationships by collaborating, motivating, and influencing business partners, leaders, key stakeholders, and peers to achieve a win-win solution
- Encourages and motivates fellow team members to challenge themselves and make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to evaluate long term impacts when making recommendations and decisions
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills and performs well in high pressure or stressful situations
- Drives through obstacles to successfully deliver project requirements
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to understand and implement ServiceNow solutions to business requirements
- Experience in an organization actively utilizing ServiceNow
- Experience as a ServiceNow Admin//Developer (preferred)
- ITIL Foundations 3.0 or higher certification (preferred)
4 year degree in IT related course of study, preferred
6+ years of relevant experience required
3-5 years’ experience working effectively with the business community gathering and translating requirements into functional or system specifications
Working knowledge of ITIL Principles and ServiceNow
Back to top