Senior Coordinator - Talent Management
The Senior Talent Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing creative and effective methods to improve overall assessment and development capability of all Managers and to connect all Associates with the opportunity to drive their own career growth at CarMax through Talent Management’s collective offerings. Program and process responsibility is focused on, but not limited to: creating, maintaining, and curating content across all programs and processes while leveraging various communication methods including but not limited to social media, newsletters, videos, Store Communication Memos, the CarMax World, and other alternative methods. The position requires up to 20% travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Talent Management projects, programs and processes. (50%)
o Create and implement a plan to align and communicate all Talent Management offerings to the organization to drive effective Associate Development and engagement in Talent Management processes/programs.
o Develop content to create/reinforce culture of transparent, business led Associate Development and to improve overall assessment and development capability for all levels of CarMax management.
o Leverage/create innovative methods for communication including but not limited to training, videos, Store Communication Memos, the CarMax World, and other alternative methods.
o Develop, maintain, and curate process and program materials, including but not limited to newsletters, workbooks, development guides, facilitator guides, and reference guides.
o Create, implement, and manage existing and new Talent Management processes/programs and ensure that they are supported by the Talent Management systems.
o Partner with CarMax business leaders, external consultants, and conduct regular on-site visits to evaluate consistency of practice, identify needs, align with other department processes/initiatives, and improve Talent Management programs accordingly.
o Conduct field visits to train, assess, and support CarMax Regional and Store Management teams to conduct Talent Management programs.
- Manage Talent Management projects/programs by assigning individual responsibilities, develop project schedules, track project milestones and delivery dates, and perform all necessary tasks required to successfully complete each project/program goal. (20%)
- Research, network, and benchmark externally to stay current of new talent practices and make recommendations for best practices for adoption at CarMax. (10%)
- Develop and analyze metrics and measurable outcomes to monitor the success of Talent Management initiatives and to identify Talent Management opportunities. Propose revisions and/or revise design of processes to improve their effectiveness. (10%)
- Perform other related duties, as assigned. (10%)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exceptional communication, ability to clearly and effectively communicate through verbal, written and non-verbal methods seamlessly to all levels of the organization
- Exceptional analysis and decision making, able to shift through large amounts of information to draw sound conclusions.
- Strong planning and organization skills, able to manage multiple competing deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong teamwork, successfully engages with others to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Strong ability to motivate, persuade and lead.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 3+ years of either technical writing, instructional design and/or project management experience required (or a combination of these).
- Group facilitation experience, preferred.
- Project management experience, preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Talent Management experience, a plus.
- Team Management experience, a plus.
- Experience with corporate communication, a plus.
Back to top