Senior Content Editor
A forward-thinking storyteller, the Senior Content Editor will help establish and evolve our burgeoning content program.
Passionate about content that benefits consumers, you’ll partner with the creative team, content strategist, and business partners to deliver clear, engaging digital content. This role will help CarMax create unique and ownable content that is driven by data and that benefits our customers.
Coordinating content creation via agency, freelance, and in-house writers, this role will serve as lead on strategic creative work including: articles, infographics, and video content as part of the CarMax in-house agency team.
An ideal candidate will have a blend of journalism and content marketing experience with a knack for spotting trends and an eye for strong writing. A successful candidate will bring strong creative ideas with a track record of creating innovative and engaging content in a fast-paced environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead creative efforts supporting the CarMax Content program, scheduling assignments, managing timelines, and approvals
- Write and produce the production of content that benefits the consumer and serves the brand
- Influence and copyedit content created by agency and in-house partners (writers, proofreaders, and art directors)
- Partner across content channels to establish, evolve, and maintain our content voice and tone
- Collaborate with creative teams on special projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty exceptionally. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence and/or adhere to program goals appropriately
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to resolve challenges in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to work within the constraints of a style guide and the ability to help develop style to accommodate the growing needs of a company
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree (Marketing, Mass Communication, Advertising, Journalism, or English) required
- Four to eight years of related experience, Content Marketing experience strongly preferred
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through verbal, written, and non-verbal methods
- Write and copyedit long-form content (partnering with other writers and proofreaders, as needed)
- Craft headlines that engage readers and highlight covered topics
- Translate consumer insights data into actionable content for consumers
- Working knowledge of SEO, UX, and Google Analytics
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top