Senior Analyst - Strategy
Senior Strategy Analyst
Over twenty years ago, CarMax disrupted the automotive industry and to this day remains the undisputed market leader in a $500B+ industry. With best-in-class financial performance, customer satisfaction, and Associate engagement, CarMax is well positioned for continued growth. Our various Operational Strategy groups play a key role in helping CarMax make the strategic decisions needed to deliver on both near-term execution and long-term innovation.
We are currently recruiting for multiple Senior Strategy Analyst roles within our Operational Strategy groups, which include sales, operations, merchandising, pricing, and human resources. The two primary responsibilities for the strategy groups are to maintain the analytical tools needed to drive your department's near-term execution, as well as to facilitate the development and implementation of actionable strategic roadmaps. Each of these strategy groups are deeply embedded with their respective departments and play a key role in driving the business forward. In this role, the Senior Strategy Analyst will execute the analytics to support your respective department's ongoing execution and provide the analytical and strategic support to make key decisions on innovation projects.
This position provides a strategic thinker, possessing strong analytical and management skills, the opportunity to play a key role in driving the strategy that will shape the future of a Fortune 500 retailer.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN THIS ROLE?
Some of the primary responsibilities for the role include:
• Develop or enhance analytical tools, such as models, reports, and dashboards, to monitor performance and drive ongoing execution for your respective department-Sales, Merchandising, Operations, or Human Resources.
• Deliver additional analyses on key performance drivers to support continuous improvement.
• Explore new analytical models, data sources, or strategies to drive performance improvement.
• Deliver an analytical read on tests for operational changes within your department to determine the impact of the change and inform any rollout decisions.
• Help drive innovation projects within your department by delivering or assisting in deep dive analysis for various performance improvement opportunities.
• Periodically conduct or facilitate ad hoc research to support special projects within the broader Operational Strategy group.
WHAT TYPE OF PERSON ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Specific qualifications for this role include:
• 2+ years of business experience in strategic analysis, financial analysis, consulting or engineering
• Undergraduate degree in a business, quantitative, or engineering discipline with an excellent academic record; graduate degree a plus but not required
• Experience with advanced analytics, statistics, and modeling preferred
• Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint; SQL experience preferred
• Demonstrated top-caliber analytic and problem-solving skills
• History of achievement indicated by work experience/accomplishments, top GPA or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, honor societies, etc.
• Curiosity for finding optimal solutions to complex problems and passion for bringing those solutions to a reality within our business
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top