Senior Analyst - Consumer Insights
The Consumer Insights Senior Analyst will be responsible for delivering actionable consumer insights that help the organization:
- Measure and track the customer experience provided by our associates
- Design reporting that brings customer feedback to life
- Further understand the value of CarMax customers and customer satisfaction
- Further understand how consumers shop for and sell cars
- Better convert consumers into site and store visitors and ultimately into buyers & sellers
- Develop and enhance strategies that meet evolving consumer and business needs
This individual will be a leader within the CarMax marketing team, informing, persuading, influencing, and supporting consumer-driven marketing initiatives.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead report visioning, software selection, reporting design and analytical support for CarMax's Voice of the Customer program.
- Act as a subject matter expert for customer data and insights, consulting with stakeholders on strategic opportunities and priorities.
- Conduct and/or manage vendors in the completion of consumer research and data analysis, translating results into clear and useful business insights for partners and stakeholders.
- Recruit, work with, and develop junior team members in a mentor/supervisory capacity to ensure consistent, high-quality work across the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to motivate and lead others, including gaining buy-in to do the right thing for the right reason
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to deliver on objectives and meet deadlines with project parameters
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to use own experience to train, develop and mentor other associates
- Ability to apply business and technical knowledge to produce results and make recommendations
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four year degree (BA/BS) in an analytical field and/or the social sciences (i.e., Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Psychology, Sociology, etc.) with an excellent academic record
- Graduate degree a plus but not required
- Three or more years of experience in an analytical role
- Basic knowledge of statistics, advanced knowledge coursework a plus
- Experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Relational Databases required
- Proficient with qualitative and quantitative research methods including:
o Survey design
o Consumer IDI design and moderation
o Statistical techniques including regression and multivariate analysis
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of any of the following a plus:
o Voice of the Customer reporting and software tools/management systems
o Customer Lifetime Value
o Brand and awareness tracking
o Web analytics (SiteCatalyst preferred)
o Key driver analyses
o Data visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top