Salesforce Technical Architect - CORE
Store Applications is a grouping of Value Streams that are responsible for all of the applications required to manage and execute the in-store experience for 150+ locations at CarMax®:. The in-store CarMax experience spans the entire customer journey; from customer inception to Sales to CarMax's loyalty programs. These teams operate within an Agile Framework and deliver continuous value to each of the Value Streams. These teams will help drive the bottom line sales of a growing Fortune 500 $12.5 billion dollar company.
As part of these Value Streams, CarMax is looking for a Salesforce Technical Architect to play a critical role in leading the strategy, definition, and realization of architecture and design within the CarMax organization. The successful candidate must be a thought leader in SaaS-based platforms and have a solid track record of execution and delivering results. The position is responsible for the overall technical design and build of the custom elements of delivery teams.
- Serve as a thought leader in establishing in-house development talent within Store Applications at CarMax
- Create and maintain technology strategy and roadmaps for various business areas
- Manage the technical aspects of development teams to deliver full lifecycle SFDC implementations
- Drive architecture and design technology solutions for solving business problems, while authoring technical specifications and detailed design documents
- Lead and mentor a team of developers, directing all development/testing activities on Store Application's projects to ensure high quality technical implementations
- 3-5 years of experience implementing solutions with Salesforce and Service Cloud
- Experience implementing Salesforce.com in a large-scale, enterprise environment
- 5+ years of overall development and architecture experience
- Certification(s) in Salesforce
- Integration experience within the Salesforce space (REST, SOAP, ESB)
- Proven track record of developing an organization and achieving results through others
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for driving strategic initiatives through large and diverse organizations. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within multiple work streams at one time
- Experience with ERP/MRP
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I & II, Salesforce certified Technical Architect and Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- External website experience including content management systems, search, e-Commerce and related technologies.
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top