Retention Specialist II - Specialty Collections
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 7th of Atlanta's top 25 large companies, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
The Retention Specialist II is responsible for receiving and/or making phone calls to customers who have vehicles financed through CarMax Auto Finance that are potential vehicle surrenders or have been repossessed or voluntarily surrendered. Responsible for evaluating and determining next steps on an account and coordinating efforts with vendors, CarMax stores, customers and third parties as it pertains to the reinstatement, redemption or return of vehicle to the customer. Responsible for ensuring that customers make necessary payments and/or fulfill company requirements to reinstate/redeem their vehicle or determine the need for the customer to surrender the vehicle to CarMax.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers inbound and/or makes outbound calls to probe for root cause of the customer's situation and negotiate creative solutions to allow the customer to redeem or retain their vehicle. (ie. educate customers on reinstatement and sale processes, facilitate reinstatements/redemptions, coordinate buy-backs or trade-in's, alternate financing solutions, extensions, etc..). Position could require additional specialty call types as volume dictates.
- Complete account research and follow up through vendor websites, company systems and repossession/remarketing documentation to determine next action steps and verify services completed
- Complete vehicle releases through the review of repossession and remarketing documentation) and, obtain, verify and retain requirements for reinstatement/redemption)
- Resolve elevated issues pertaining to customer concerns including research with CarMax Stores, outside vendors and third parties as it pertains to the reinstatement, redemption or return of a vehicle.
- Processing payments and account adjustments in accordance with company policies. (ex: offering payment extensions, assessing repossession/remarketing related fees)
- Accurately annotate accounts in company database to document interactions with the customer, CarMax Stores, vendors, and third parties.
- Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer and account issues. (ex: CAF internal departments and CarMax store personnel)
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including collection policies and laws.
- Report statistics and collection performance. (manual tracking of reports)
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors, CarMax store personnel and third parties.
- Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
- Identify root causes and bring issues to closure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to accurately implement process change.
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Effectively handle stressful interactions.
- Strong problem solving and creative negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility by embracing change.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Execute basic computer and typing skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Six months related experience/training.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, and weekends.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top