Representative II, Bilingual Collections
9002 - Carmax Auto Finance - 225 Chastain Meadows Ct NW, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Resolve customer issues while working for an industry leader
At CarMax Auto Finance we put the needs of our customers first, while helping to make the car buying experience better. Exceptional customer service is at the heart of everything we do, and drives CarMax to be industry leaders. You'll work with different departments, and teams to help resolve customer questions/issues, and help to influence and educate customers on their account. In this role you will work with our Spanish speaking customers to ensure their car buying experience has been an excellent one, and keep CarMax as the company of choice for car buying.
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Make outbound collection calls and take incoming calls to/from our Spanish speaking customers, influence customers to make payments on the accounts 1-60 days past due and resolve customer questions providing exceptional customer service.
- Educate customers regarding their account, finance charges accruals, late fees, credit reporting, payment options and account management options and document these interactions on our company account management system.
- Conduct basic-skip tracing activities on delinquent accounts to locate customers.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures including collection policies/laws, and provide Spanish translation service to facilitate communication with Spanish speaking customers for other associates.
Improve customer experience with every interaction
Empathy with our customers, and transparency in every interaction are vital to your success. From dealing with complex customer issues to posting payments, you will balance the needs of our customers with meeting the metrics and expectations of your position. In collaboration with different departments you will effectively resolve customer issues, while helping CarMax Auto Finance to meet their bottom line and performing all tasks in accordance with applicable policies/laws.
Qualifications and requirements
- Fluent in Spanish and English, and a High school diploma or 6 months related experience/training.
- Speak and listen effectively in Spanish and English with CarMax customers via phone
- Exhibit the ability and desire to handle challenging interactions with customers.
- Ability to recognize problems, resolve or escalate as needed
- Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
- Ability to multi-task in a high energy standard office environment.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
EddyIT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top