Repossession Specialist II
Under limited supervision, the Specialist II is responsible for receiving calls and/or making phone calls to customers who have accounts with CarMax Auto Finance that are severely past due or charged off. This person is responsible for ensuring that customers make payments on their account or surrender the vehicle to CarMax.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take incoming/make outbound collection calls to customers and convince customers to make payments/cure outstanding past due balances on their account or surrender vehicle.
- Verify customer information on account is correct and update as necessary.
- Work with external vendors to coordinate pick up of vehicles out for repossession or close repossession orders if payment is received.
- Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, charge off, payment options and account management options.
- Utilize on-line systems and other resources to perform skip trace work on customers and vehicles establish contact or vehicle location.
- Select and submit accounts for repossession review.
- Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
- Annotate accounts in company database to document interactions with the customer, vendors, etc.
- Make/Take calls on post-repossession accounts to help customer reinstate/redeem vehicle.
- Work with other departments/associates where necessary to resolve customer issues.
- Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
- Participate in one on one meetings with Supervisor and department meetings.
- Report statistics and collection performance.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures, including collection policies/laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Speak and listen effectively with customers, associates and vendors.
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
- Work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Apply a common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
- Complete CarMax provided training as required.
- Understand and adhere to company policies, procedures and collection laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma.
- 6-12 months of late-stage collections experience.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic typing skills including minimum speed accuracy requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers, applicants and associates.
- Ability to execute moderate math skills.
- Ability to follow outlined policies and procedures.
- Ability to recognize when appropriate to escalate situation(s) to Supervisor for assistance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one Supervisor.
- Numerous distractions and disruptions due to incoming communication.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Casual company dress code.
Back to top