Program Manager - Marketing Operations
The Program Manager, Marketing Operations position is part of the Marketing Operations team and reports directly to the Manager, Marketing Operations. The Program Manager is responsible for oversight and management of the job flow of high impact, cross functional projects. This individual will work to establish scope of project as well as monitoring accountable timelines, resource management and ensuring successful project completion. He/she will partner with the Senior Manager to identify and implement process improvements across the marketing organization.
Lead cross-functional project teams that include strategy, creative, analysts and production through all phases of the project.
- Utilize agile practices to build and support marketing collaborative teams, as team scrum master
- Manages complex initiatives and projects, with direct accountability to sponsors, to ensure achievement of the intended business results within approved timeline and budget
- Assigns, prioritizes and manages work for a cross functional project team, setting expectations and addressing conflicts as needed
- Coordinate decision making and work distribution between all creative activities across functional groups (Print, Broadcast and Interactive)
- Clearly communicates project plan, status updates and outcomes to sponsor and other stakeholders through reports, meetings and discussions
- Manage team activities and ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Serve as problem solver for any issues, roadblocks, and risks; maintain responsibility for their resolution
- Build strong relationships with strategy team, analysts, creative services, media team and external agencies.
- Maintain a focus on ensuring marketing compliance throughout the projects
- Deliver timely positive and developmental feedback to those on collaborative teams, and capitalizes on "teachable moments" for the team.
- Play an active role in the associate development of members of the collaborative teams
- Collaborate with external agency partners to ensure the successful completion of assignments, including approving timelines, maintaining open lines of communication and providing feedback as needed throughout the project.
Work with Senior Manager to identify and implement best practices for project management and workflow across the marketing organization.
- Analyze data and reports from workflow system; and uses the information to propose decisions to leadership in regards to project management and workflow across the organization.
- Facilitate sessions with business partners to understand requirements for process changes
- Work with workflow system vendor to implement necessary changes based on requirements from business partners
- Utilize project management skills to ensure process changes are made in a timely manner
- Clearly communicates project plan, status updates and outcomes to Senior Manager and other stakeholders through reports, meetings and discussions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to use own experience and knowledge to train and develop others, including the delivery of performance management feedback
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manger
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to develop and execute a plan and proactively makes improvements to process execution
- Ability to provide feedback and successfully coach associates that are not direct reports
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with external agencies
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree (Marketing, Advertising, Mass Communications or related field) required
- Five or more years of experience in Project Management or Traffic Management in a creative environment
- One or more years of experience working in an Agile Marketing environment
- Certified Scrum Master, Master Certificate in Project Management and/or PMP Certification preferred
- Three or mores years of experience leading teams to achieve common goals, including supervising direct and/or indirect reports
- Experience working with marketing workflow systems (i.e. Aprimo, Workfront, Davinci, Infor, etc)
- Experience working in an environment where marketing compliance is a priority for the organization
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top