Parts Manager in Training
Looking for the best kept secret in retail? You've found it! CarMax is one of the Fortune's 100 Best Places to Work and has been for more than a decade. At CarMax we're different - with us you can put your career in gear!
What CarMax offers:
• Opportunity to use your skills, experience and talents to help field CarMax's growth
• Extensive training program to set you up for long term success
• Limitless growth opportunities
• Commitment to our communities
• An environment that fosters work/life balance
• A competitive compensation plane and comprehensive benefits package
Why Service Operations?
• Help CarMax produce quality cars for our customers
• There is a culture built on teamwork and inclusiveness
• No two days are the same, every day there is a new opportunity, a new challenge and a new win
• Managers are empowered to problem solve, reduce waste, manage production, and build associate engagement
• Fun work culture where you get to work with great people and teams
Parts Managers are a part of our Service Operations team who recondition all of the cars that our customers purchase. They are responsible for ensuring our Associates produce quality vehicles for our customers by managing both the daily operations of the department and our Parts Associates to achieve production goals and maintaining parts targets on expected quality and within budget.
• A new Parts Manager will be placed in a Manager in Training (MIT) position and complete an extensive training where they will learn the foundation of CarMax's Parts Department, including the following principle duties and responsibilities:
o Ensure adequate parts inventory levels and ensure the team is sourcing the right parts
o Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
o Manage and develop associates at the individual level
o Maintain key performance measures
o Assist with the development and execution of production plans
• To ensure success, assessments are conducted throughout the training program to measure each participant's progress.
• Successful completion of the training program is required to be placed into a management position.
What we're looking for:
• A minimum of 1 year management experience in a complex, fast paced environment
• Strong focus on exceptional customer service
• Proven track record of associate development
• Hands-on manager with the ability lead through managers, supervisors and a team of associates
• Strong analytical and decision-making skills
• Ability to work flexible hours in a combination of both indoor and outdoor work environments, which requires walking or stand for extended periods of time.
• Flexibility to relocate preferred
* Satisfactory completion of MDP is required (applicable to internal CarMax associates only).
Don't let a lack of background in the automotive industry stop you from discovering what else makes us a great place to work. While CarMax sells used cars, many of our managers do not have previous experience in the automotive industry.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top