Manager, Talent Selection
The Talent Selection Manager is responsible for the design, development and deployment of validated and legally compliant selection tools and processes at CarMax each year. The Talent Selection Manager will consult with functional and senior leaders across the organization to provide expertise related to job analysis, assessment validation, hiring process enhancement and redesign. They will see projects/programs through from inception, analysis, measurement and evaluation, including communication and change management. The Talent Selection Manager must be able to influence at all levels toward best practices that are consistent with legal standards and CarMax strategy. They will lead an internal team, manage external partnerships, and work closely with partners in the business, HR, and legal to ensure consistency and continuity across efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Consults with customers at all levels across the organization to understand business needs and provide recommendations; collaborates with Executive Team, functional leaders, and HR business partners to build and implement processes for selecting high performing associates (25%)
Leads large scale change initiatives focused on implementation of improved selection practices which includes defining project scope, resources, and timeline, effective management of vendors, and partners from other departments including all business functions, IT, HR, Legal, Procurement, etc..
Designs, develops and deploys valid, defensible, and sustainable assessment tools and processes that align with CarMax strategies and support specific customer needs in the following areas:
Assessment of internal and external applicants' knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics for a specific position
Job Analysis to determine requisite knowledge, skills, abilities and personality traits for a position. Utilize this data to define job descriptions, define success profiles and determine appropriate assessment
Perform Gap Analysis , including reviewing relevant data, to determine current gaps and strengths of a department
Manages overall communication and change management plan for all projects and programs, including pilots, training materials, and ongoing support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years in industrial/organizational psychology field or serve as an organizational consultant on selection practices
• 2+ years in project management in an organizational setting
• Experience in applying a wide variety of research methods, including job design, surveys, instruments for competency benchmarking and job performance ratings
• Experience conducting job analysis in multiple environments
• Experience conducting validation studies for multiple pre-employment tools and processes
• Experience planning and conducting data analysis using statistical analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional flexibility to operate in a fast paced, multidisciplinary environment
• Excellent teamwork/collaboration across all levels of the organization
• Resource planning, including the ability to forecast and manage budget
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to maintain strong vendor client relationships
• Relentless commitment to professional and organizational excellence
Back to top