Manager - Talent Management
The Manager, Talent Management leads and develops a team of professionals who develop and deliver effective and efficient talent management processes, assessments, and virtual learning content to enhance associate performance and engagement. In addition, the manager partners with HRTS to develop the company's talent technology strategy, ensuring learning and talent technology platforms are fully leveraged in alignment with the CarMax business strategy. This manager serves as part of the senior team within Talent Management to help shape the company's overarching talent management strategy and the ongoing improvement and development of talent processes to support company initiatives. They deliver formal communication and training as required. The position requires up to 25% travel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages team responsible for:
o Maintaining and continually improving the CarMax talent cycle processes including APR, File Review, Talent Reviews and Succession Planning.
o Partnering with HRTS to fully leverage the various CarMax talent technology systems including WorkDay and Sum Total (KMXU)
o Developing leading edge e-learning, assessments, and blended learning materials in support of CarMax's capability development priorities both within Talent Management and across other functions (e.g. compliance)
- Manages and develops a team of talent management professionals to ensure high levels of performance, engagement and succession readiness.
- Provides consultative services and liaison for all Region teams and functional training teams to ensure effective deployment of talent processes and adjust as needed for given business situations determine and recommend.
- Serves as part of the senior team within Talent Management, contributing to Talent Management strategy (including talent technology), prioritization and work/resource planning
- Maintains a close understanding of developments and leading edge practices in the areas of talent process and talent/learning technology to inform thinking on value adding and innovative approaches
- Assesses talent management processes and systems by conducting store visits and using qualitative and quantitative testing to determine effectiveness and efficiency and determine improvements required
- Possesses superior facilitation skills; facilitates executive and manager-level performance management, communication and training sessions when required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent process and project management skills
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Proven direct and matrixed team management skills with the ability to develop both individuals and teams
- Expert facilitation skills
- Strong strategic and prioritization skills
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work productively with little supervision
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Team management experience
- 3-5 years experience with Talent Management, Learning, Training preferred
- At least five years' experience in process/project management
- Proven experience working with Learning Management Systems including Sum Total and Talent Management Systems including WorkDay preferred
- E learning development and training delivery experience, preferred
- Retail management experience, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top