Manager, Product Strategy
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Over twenty years ago, CarMax disrupted the now $500B+ automotive industry and to this day remains its undisputed market leader. With best-in-class financial performance, customer satisfaction, and Associate engagement, CarMax is well positioned for continued growth. Much of this growth will be driven by our investments in new products to drive innovation in the way we guide customers seamlessly through their shopping journey, both digitally and in-store. The Strategy Manager of Store Products will be a core member of the team driving this transformational work.
This role will work closely with CarMax's product teams to drive the strategy and benefit realization from technology products. The role will directly support the product teams within one of CarMax's biggest and most transformational product Groups, tasked with redefining how CarMax customers transact with us anywhere, any time. Some of the key areas of focus will be helping prioritize high value features, exploring new reporting capabilities to drive store execution, measuring the impact of product launches/enhancements, and working with our technology partners to ensure we capture the right data and leverage it appropriately to drive our business decisions. Success in this role will be measured by the team successfully delivering new products and enhancements that improve our customer experience and drive results.
This position provides a strategic thinker with strong analytical and technical skills the opportunity to play a leadership role in driving the innovation agenda for a Fortune 500 retailer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with Product Owners to develop and monitor key performance metrics
- Perform data-driven analysis to support prioritization decisions and address critical questions
- Create strategic frameworks to support business leaders through key decisions points
- Collaborate with and influence feature design where critical to hit key performance targets
- Influence data capture process and data table structure to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Develop and execute measurement plans for product testing and rollout
- Periodically present decision recommendations to CarMax senior leadership
- Lead the effort to leverage new reporting capabilities within the existing store management system
- Be CarMax's subject matter expert on the data sources from generated from new store products
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of business experience in strategic analysis, financial analysis, consulting or engineering
- Undergraduate degree in a business, quantitative, or engineering discipline with an excellent academic record, MBA/Masters valued though not required
- Experience with test design, advanced analytics, and statistics preferred
- Computer skills: Excel, PowerPoint; SQL experience preferred
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top