Manager, Marketing Analytics
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Purpose of the role
For 25 years, CarMax has led the way with an innovative, customer-right way to buy and sell a used car. We are the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with 25K+ associates and 200+ locations nationwide. With best-in-class financial performance, customer satisfaction, and Associate engagement, CarMax is well positioned for continued growth.
To help drive this growth, we need a seasoned, high performing analytics Manager who can use the power of data and partner with stakeholders to drive business results in two key business areas: Local markets and Appraisals.
About this job
The Manager, Marketing Analytics will be responsible for delivering actionable analyses and recommendations that help CarMax:
- Identify areas of opportunity in our Local marketing business
- Monitor and drive business performance of our Appraisal businesses
- Improve the ROI of our full funnel marketing programs in these business areas
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
Partner with various stakeholders to:
- Track business performance in our key markets as well as the Appraisals business
- Identify root causes for business performance
- Partner with stakeholders in Marketing and throughout the organization to influence data driven recommendations on action steps
- Track performance of our marketing strategy
- Develop, run & analyze tests. Utilize test results/analysis to act as a subject matter expert within the organization, and partner with Marketing Channel Owners, Marketing Leadership, and stakeholders throughout the organization to develop strategies and prioritization.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong analytical thinker with a proven track record of providing actionable insights and clear strategic direction
- Strong project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to play a leadership role in a cross-functional team
- Track record of developing and managing teams
- 5+ years experience with marketing analytics for both upper and lower funnel strategies
- Proficient with quantitative test design and analysis
- In-depth knowledge of the following tools:
- Teradata SQL or similar database query language
- Data visualization software such as Tableau
- Site analytics tool such as Adobe Omniture
- MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
Back to top