Manager - Enterprise Data Warehouse
The Enterprise Data Warehouse Manager is responsible for the development and support of the data transformation processes within CarMax as well as the company's Business Intelligence and reporting solutions. This position partners with Sr. IT leadership to work with the business to identify and lead effective business solutions.
The Enterprise Data Warehouse manager will lead a team of associates by setting performance standards and motivating associates to perform quality work. The Manager is responsible for identifying high-performing talent, gaps in talent, and train and develops associates to close the gaps. The Manager mentors and develops future leaders in courageous leadership, associate development, and communication skills.
- Provides project leadership to meet identified business goals and objectives. Establishes the scope of projects, allocates the proper resources, and monitors the progress. Provides status updates to senior management.
- Responsible for managing short and/or long term projects and monitoring the performance of associates. Assists with removing roadblocks and utilizing technical knowledge to assist associates with meeting goals.
- Works with Sr. management to understand business plans and team objectives. Researches best practices and executes plans for solutions to meet objectives.
- Responsible for assessing talent, identifying gaps in talent, and identifying high performers. Provides development guidance, creates IDPs to close gaps in talent, and provides opportunities for stretch roles to develop future leaders. Sets performance standards and holds team members accountable to standards.
- Forecasts needed resources such as vendors, technologies, consultants, and training for the team to accomplish business objectives.
- Has financial responsibility for the team. Responsible for the team's budget and evaluating ROI.
- Responsible for strategically managing the roadmaps for Business Intelligence and data transformation solutions for the team
- Responsible for financial functions such as budgeting, forecasting, and analysis.
- Responsible for hardware and software capacity and long term planning solutions
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining vendor and contract relationships.
- Manage initiatives through prioritizing initiatives, analyzing the ROI, providing analytics, and ensuring the execution of methodology events.
- Extensive Data Warehouse management experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Guides team to reach solutions to complex problems. Mentors associates to be great problem solvers
- Detailed orientated, able to analyze and research data and reports; uses information to assist department with making financial decisions
- Develops creative solutions to problems
- Ability to develop and promote other associates for the group/team's needs
- Able to summarize and or present complex problems and/or technical information in a simplified manner
- Ability to prioritize and lead team to execute short-term projects to meet long-term goals
- Ability to develop, execute and adjust a plan with a high degree of independence
- Sees beyond the current processes and identifies process improvements
- Must be willing to make recommendations and challenge upwards when appropriate for the best interest of the department
- Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships throughout the department
- Promotes effective conflict resolution by listening to others opinions and responding with a win-win solution
- Able to communicate to senior management, business partners, and group/team with the appropriate information at each level
- Must keep team informed of goals, how they align with the department's goals, and changes that impact the group/team
- 4 year IT or related degree, preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading data warehouse projects
- 5+ years of team management experience
- Business Intelligence systems experience preferred
- Data Transformation experience preferred
- Experience with Teradata, OBIEE, Informatica, or Spotfire preferred
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top