Manager - Compensation
The Manager in Compensation will need to apply a comprehensive knowledge of compensation principles to a variety of complex situations. This position will plan, conduct, lead and provide oversight of projects and tasks to other compensation positions. This position is responsible for having comprehensive knowledge of all of CarMax’s compensation programs. The Manager is responsible for providing compensation consultation to all levels within the organization while ensuring compliance to all state and federal regulatory requirements that relate to Compensation. The Manager operates with significant latitude on unreviewed actions or decisions and provides project updates to management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Development of policies, procedures and improvements to compensation processes which include but is not limited to; Merit, Annual Bonus, Stock Awards, Annual Market Reviews, Minimum Wage, Flow Rewards and Recognition, Sales Contest, etc.
2. Ensuring that all compensation programs, pay plans and position evaluations are compliant with state and federal regulatory requirements.
3. Apply comprehensive compensation knowledge when providing consultation to all levels of management and HR associates with regard to compensation policy, programs and theory.
4. Lead complex compensation projects that will involve cross functional teams to accomplish corporate initiatives. Provide oversight and direction to intra departmental projects.
5. Develop associate communications regarding compensation plans.
6. Develop training materials and management tools.
7. Complete other related duties, analysis and projects as assigned.
- Ability to influence and advise effectively (written and verbal) with both associates and managers.
- Ability to lead others directly or thru project management.
- Ability to devise new approaches to problems.
- Ability to establish schedules to achieve company expectations.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to applicants and associates.
- Ability to teach others on how to complete tasks and processes
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computer based applications, specifically Microsoft Office.
- Ability to reason and communicate regulations and detailed information on compensation to all levels of associates in a courteous and professional manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Courses or seminars related to compensation administration and/or processing, preferred
- SPHR and CCP certifications desired
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in various areas of Human resources
- Experience with leading moderate to complex projects
- Experience leading and or developing other associates preferred
- Advanced knowledge with computer based applications, Microsoft Office desired
- Specific knowledge of HRIS systems
Back to top