The Logistics Associate is responsible for zone maintenance, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning, reconciliation, vehicle dispatch, asset protection, and providing exceptional service to internal and external customers at our shipping and receiving facility.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure daily maintenance and security of inventory and shipping and receiving facility
- Maintain and document the transfer of incoming and outgoing inventory that is processed through the shipping and receiving facility
- Checks in & receives vehicles that are shipped to the shipping and receiving facility
- Organize out-going transfers to reduce driver dwell time at the shipping and receiving facility
- Assist with training new associates
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment and optimize space utilization
- Complete daily scanning and reconciliation of the vehicle inventory
- Monitors transportation of incoming inventory from all locations & provide prioritized dispatch plan to drivers
- Coordinates shipping & receiving appointments at store locations through carriers & store teams
- Provides outstanding customer service to internal and external customers at all times
- Drive vehicles to and from various locations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Ability to read, interpret, and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Successfully work with associates of other departments within the geographic location
- Ability to multitask in a high energy, fast paced working environment
- Strong inventory management capabilities
- Willingness to acquire knowledge of wholesale and Inventory operating procedures
- Complete CarMax provided training
- High School degree or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Wear CarMax clothing (acquired through the company) at all times while on duty.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs (products weighing more than 50 lbs may be handled by more than one person and/or with mechanical assistance).
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights, weekends, holiday, and 12 hour days
- Ability to work in both an office and outdoor environment; this may include working in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions at times
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to, Attendance, Proper Recording of Time, Asset Protection, EH&S (Environmental, Health & Safety), and Standards of Professional Appearance.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top