Administrative support to Store Operations and Litigation Team including: travel and planning, special projects, and work product production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create, organize, upload, and maintain paper and electronic files and workspaces for Store Operations and Litigation Team as directed by attorneys and paralegals.
2. Prepare, edit, process, receive and deliver correspondence.
3. Utilize various software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Sharepoint, and others to produce reports, presentations, and documents.
4. Manage Outlook calendars, phones, fax, mail, and circulate periodicals for assigned attorneys.
5. Monitor attorneys' calendars, schedule meetings and conference spaces as requested.
6. Retrieve, gather, and review completeness and accuracy of documents and information upon request.
7. Provide back up to assigned secretary when (s)he is absent or unavailable; assist with other absences as needed.
8. Enter and update information for monthly file review report.
9. Manage master meeting calendars for SOLT.
10. Order supplies for the department as needed.
11. Correspond with internal clients, outside counsel, and vendors as needed.
12. Prepare for new hires including requests for technology, cubicle set up and organization, instructional documentation compilation, and provision of learning materials.
Travel and Planning:
1. Make travel arrangements and resolve issues with Corporate Travel Department for assigned attorneys and paralegals.
2. Maintain a travel folder for associates' business travel.
3. Create an itinerary for associate of all travel arrangements including contact name and numbers for hotel, car, and conference/meeting accommodations.
4. Complete T&E report for approval, copy receipts and maintain a copy for associates for future reference.
5. Assist with planning, schedules, and creation of agendas for department run conferences and events to include: Outside Counsel Conference, teambuilding committee assistance, etc.
Special Projects and Additional Assignments:
Handle special projects and additional assignments all at direction of supervising attorneys. Prioritize any and all special projects to insure completion prior to deadline.
1. Act as SME and system administrator for the department document management system, confer with IT and outside vendor as needed, and attend regular meetings and assist with solutions to ensure the system is working properly.
2. Support various functions for Store Operations team including citation and compliance tracking. tracking of citations and compliance.
3. Track deadlines, updates, and system changes for assigned department projects, including researching and creating committee presentations, scheduling and facilitation of committee meeting and all other related planning and information-gathering meetings, and gathering of documents and any other relevant information as requested.
4. Correspond with stores to obtain store process information for attorneys and paralegals as directed.
5. Review store forms for accuracy and relevancy.
6. Other additional projects and assignments as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to motivate peers
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
• Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
• Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time multi-tasking and interruptions
• Ability to make independent decisions regarding planning, organization and prioritization of work.
• Strong analytical and organization skills.
• Ability to use functional knowledge while serving as a resource for internal customers
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma required.
Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with associates, management, outside counsel, opposing counsel, and regulatory authorities as required.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top