Lead Representative, Late Collections
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", was awarded a Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked one of Atlanta's top 25 large companies since 2016, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" since 2008. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates
Here are a few facts about CAF (CarMax Auto Finance):
• Portfolio size of more than $11 billion.
• Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
• We provide benefits that support the diverse needs of our workforce (e.g., flexible time, adoption assistance, domestic partner health care coverage, and more)
• Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
Under limited supervision, the Late Collections Senior Specialist is responsible for assisting the Team Manager in achieving department goals by providing associate training, monitoring associate calls, motivating associates, auditing associate work product and providing a high level of customer service.
• Take incoming phone calls as needed and answer customer account questions.
• Make outbound calls and collect on past due accounts as scheduled.
• Verify account information and update as necessary.
• Education customers regarding accounts, explain interest accrual, late fees, credit bureau reporting, payment options and account management options.
• Request information or correspondence from other departments using internal systems.
• Handle escalated customer account issues/inquires, review extension requests, and review post-dated payment requests.
• Process customer payments via internal computer systems.
• Annotate accounts in internal systems to document interactions with customers.
• Work with other departments to research and follow up on customer issues/concerns.
• Train, motivate, and provide support, ideas and encouragement to Late Collections Specialists.
• Conduct live and recorded call monitors to ensure quality, compliance, and identify training needs.
• Audit accounts to monitor associate quality and training needs.
• Assist with floor management and answer associate questions.
•Review and process customer account due date changes.
• Assist with creation, tracking, and reporting of department incentive programs.
• Generate reports and provide analysis to measure the success of the department.
• Assist with the facilitation of training sessions during team meetings and floor huddles.
• Special Projects as assigned.
• Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
• Ability to multi-task in a high energy and fast-paced work environment.
• Good time-management and organizational skills.
• Tolerate stressful situations with customers.
• Demonstrated leadership among peers.
• Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via telephone.
• Effectively communicate with and train associates.
• Complete CarMax provided training as required.
• Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures and collections regulations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• One year certificate from college/technical school or six months related experience/training.
• Basic computer knowledge, including understanding of Microsoft applications, and basic typing skills.
• Experience in a call center or collections environment preferred.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top