Lead Data Engineer (Remote)
- Richmond, VA
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Lead development for an industry leader
At CarMax, we want to disrupt our industry by empowering customers to buy a car on their own terms. As Lead Software Developer you will be at the forefront of this process, setting the vision for digital product development, and taking a holistic view of software quality and architecture. Bringing together business and technical experts to create better experiences for our customers, you will combine hands-on development with monitoring and mentoring your team to ensure they work at their peak. Overall, you will have a direct impact on improving the performance of our business and ensuring customers can buy the vehicles they want in a way that's right for them.
Lead Data Engineer - MDM/Reltio
About this job
The CarMax Master Data Management (MDM) team is looking for a Lead Data Engineer with Reltio specific experience to develop, implement, and support various MDM integration efforts to master Vehicle and VIN data from external vendors and internal CarMax applications in order to provide customers with an iconic experience at CarMax.
The Lead Data Engineer on the MDM Vehicle team will play a key, hands on role in leading a team of Data Engineers to design, develop, implement, monitor and support integration and reporting solutions that support CarMax business priorities while complying with the organization's IT and architectural standards..
What you will do - Essential Responsibilities
- Work with closely with the Product Manager, Business Analyst and Architect to understand business and functional requirements, strategy and approach, and lead a team to come up with solution design.
- Contribute with hands on development, implementation, testing, maintenance, and support data integrations for the Vehicle MDM team.
- Design, build and test highly scalable data pipelines with monitoring and logging best practices.
- Conduct RCA (Root Cause Analysis) for system applications
- Design, develop and implement MDM Reltio Security Roles, MDM UI functionality, and Match and Merge Rules for complex entity relationships through Reltio configuration.
- Maintain and performance tune the Reltio configuration codebase.
- Define, develop and implement business process workflows through Reltio UI for maintenance of RDM data.
- Collaborate with several Product and Technology teams to lead system integration testing, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Mentor junior and mid-level Data Engineers in design, problem solving and troubleshooting.
Purpose of the role
The CarMax Master Data Management (MDM) team is looking for a Lead Data Engineer with Reltio specific experience to develop, implement, and support various MDM integration efforts to master vehicle data in order to drive an iconic experience at CarMax. This person will support a technology team in a production organization to deliver business value through development of a world class Master Data Management platform as part of a highly performing, scaled agile team.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong understanding of MDM best practices, and experienced with MDM implementations
- Experienced with hands on development of MDM integrations
- Experienced with implementing the Reltio platform for MDM solutions
- Experienced with Reltio configuration development and maintenance
- Experienced with ETL development using multiple ETL tools, preferably Informatica
- Extensive understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Experienced in leading a team through highly technical problem solving and troubleshooting
- Proficient in multiple programming languages and data integration best practices
RESTful API development
Note: this is a remote work opportunity
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top