IT Software Developer
Do you like coming up with creative solutions to a variety of technical challenges? Do you want to improve the associate and consumer experience alike? Do you want to impact the technological direction of a growing niche retail organization enabled by IT?
If that’s a yes…
Then CarMax, one of Fortune magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” and the largest retailer of used cars could be your new home.
CarMax IT solves complex business problems through the use and implementation of new and innovative technologies.
What are those technologies you ask?
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft C#.NET
- SaaS and B2B integrations (Salesforce, Workday, etc.)
- Web API and WCF Service Development (BusinessWorks)
- Visual Studio 2013/2015
- MS Azure
- MVC Frameworks
- Native Development – Android and iOS
What is CarMax IT?
CarMax IT, a dynamic team of more than 340 associates, supports and delivers solutions for a rapidly growing business in an ever-changing niche retail sector. In Richmond, VA, we are hiring people who are interested in:
- Collaborating to solve original, wide-ranging, and open-ended business problems
- Discovering and applying new insights
- Developing the business and technical skills for a rewarding career
- Innovation: CarMax IT and Digital IT is an enabler of a rapidly growing business
- Being part of our Technological Renaissance – help influence and impact our technology roadmap for years to come
What is unique about this position?
Associates will attend the CarMax IT Academy; an 8-week program designed to jumpstart your CarMax career. Through this program, you will:
- Learn about the primary technologies and tools used at CarMax, establishing a strong foundation for success in your new role.
- Visit CarMax stores to observe how IT systems help “Drive What’s Possible.” You’ll be exposed to different business processes and learn how CarMax IT enables them.
- Gain a solid understanding of CarMax IT and how your contributions will have a direct and significant impact on the organization’s ongoing success.
- Have an opportunity to work at our collaborative and urban CarMax Shockoe location or at our Home Office, the bustling “nerve center” of a vibrant corporate culture.
At the end of the program, each graduate is assigned to a team matching their skillset and aptitude.
What are some of the characteristics of an ideal candidate?
- Passion for creating and implementing information technology solutions for business problems
- Graduating Winter 2016 – Spring 2017
- Demonstrated top caliber analytic and problem-solving skills
- A 4-year degree (Computer Science or Business Information Technology preferred)
- A history of achievement and aptitude demonstrated by a GPA of 3.0 or above, and/or other recognition such as scholarships, awards, and honor societies
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
Back to top