IT Auditor II
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Auditor II, IT Internal Auditor is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the CarMax internal audit plan. This responsibility includes determining internal audit scope, performing audit procedures and preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed for review by management and the Audit Committee. Work will be performed under the supervision of the Senior IT Internal Auditor or other Internal Audit management. Work performed will include SOX 404, system implementation, operational and compliance audits and other special projects. The work performed will better ensure accuracy of financial information, effective internal controls and compliance with company policies and the CarMax System Development Methodology.
- Perform audits of internal control over financial reporting for management assessment under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ("SOX"); includes meeting with different departments to understand key business and IT processes, testing of key automated controls, reports, and IT general controls and making recommendations for improvements in internal controls
- With guidance from senior auditor, and sometimes manager, perform system implementation audits, including reviewing project objectives, assessing business process designs and testing compliance with the CarMax System Development Methodology
- Perform operational and compliance audits or special projects, including integrated audits with the Financial audit team
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Information Systems or other related degree
- Certified Public Accountant ("CPA") or Certified Information Systems Auditor ("CISA") preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of information systems auditing experience with a public accounting firm, preferably one of the "Big Four"
- Experience with internal control and compliance, including IT general controls, information technology system security, application, operating system, database, and system development and implementation audits
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance
- Understanding of COSO and COBiT
- Retail industry knowledge and experience is preferred
- Strong PC skills
- Experience with data analytics and with SQL Assistant and Tableau is preferred
- Leadership qualities including ability to motivate and/or persuade others (including associates in Internal Audit and business partners across the organization)
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Strong time management skills
- Perform multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Work in a team setting as well as independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Interact effectively with various levels of management and the operational areas
- Create appropriate written reports and process narratives
- Prepare appropriate workpaper documentation evidencing procedures performed
- Effective presentation skills
- Express and explain clearly and effectively
- Analyze and inquire clearly and effectively (know what to ask)
- Work with mathematical concepts as they relate to auditing, accounting, budget and financial analysis
- Analyze data independently
- Identify errors, omissions, deficiencies, and/or opportunities for improvement
- Evaluate the adequacy of management's action plans to address audit findings
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Innovative problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Identify and utilize available resources
- Act with good judgment
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email email@example.com.
Back to top