Internal Auditor II
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Auditor II, Internal Audit is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the CarMax internal audit plan. This responsibility includes determining internal audit scope, performing audit procedures and preparing audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed for review by management and the Audit Committee. Work will be performed under the supervision of the Senior Internal Auditor or other Internal Audit management. Work performed will include financial, consumer compliance, operational, inventory audits of various functions and other special projects. The work performed will better ensure accuracy of financial information, effective internal controls and compliance with company policies and applicable laws, rules and regulations, including regulatory oversight by the CFPB.
- Performing audits of internal control over financial reporting for management assessment under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act ("SOX"); includes meeting with different departments to understand key business processes, testing of key controls and making recommendations for improvements in internal controls
- With guidance from senior auditor, and sometimes manager, reviewing press releases, 10-Q's, the annual report and 10-K, proxy and testing significant quarterly internal controls
- With guidance from senior auditor, and sometimes manager, performing walkthroughs and audits to determine adherence to consumer compliance laws and regulations. Remaining current in knowledge of regulatory requirements that impact CarMax
- Performing audits or special projects, including integrated audits with the IT audit team
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant ("CPA") preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of auditing experience with a public accounting firm, preferably one of the "Big 4"
- A strong background in internal controls and compliance
- Experience with SOX 404 compliance
- Financial Reporting experience for a publicly listed company is preferred
- Significant retail industry knowledge and experience is preferred
- Strong PC skills
- Tableau experience is a plus
- Strong time management skills
- Perform multiple projects concurrently to meet deadlines
- Work in a team setting as well as independently
- Effective planning and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Interact effectively with various levels of management and the operational areas
- Create appropriate written reports and process narratives
- Prepare appropriate workpaper documentation evidencing procedures performed
- Effective presentation skills
- Express and explain clearly and effectively
- Analyze and inquire clearly and effectively (know what to ask)
- Work with mathematical concepts as they relate to auditing, accounting, budget and financial analysis
- Analyze data independently
- Identify errors, omissions, deficiencies, and/or opportunities for improvement
- Evaluate the action plans to address the matters identified
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Innovative problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Identify and utilize available resources
- Act with good judgment
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application .
If you have technical problems when submitting your application, please contact us by phone (888) 922-7629 ext. 3888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top