ERP/MRP Solutions Architect
Store Applications is a grouping of Value Streams that are responsible for all of the applications required to manage and execute the in-store experience for 150+ locations at CarMax®:. The in-store CarMax experience spans the entire customer journey; from customer inception to Sales to CarMax's loyalty programs. These teams operate within the Scaled Agile Framework and deliver continuous value to each of the Value Streams. These teams will help drive the bottom line sales of a growing Fortune 500 $12.5 billion dollar company.
As part of these Value Streams, CarMax is looking for a ERP / MRP Solutions Architect to help our Business Units optimize their value and use of an ERP / MRP solution by providing guidance on business operating models including end-to-end process definition, alignment as well as supporting work-flows and data completeness across the ERP / MRP and its connected business systems. The successful candidate must be a thought leader in SaaS-based platforms and have a solid track record of execution and delivering results. The position is responsible for the overall technical design and integration of the ERP / MRP solution.
Accountabilities - Technical Solution & Process champion
- Partner with business stakeholders and drive detailed solution design ensuring both innovation and alignment to CarMax's vision for business operating models and capabilities, end-to-end business processes, supporting data quality, and ways in which the ERP / MRP solution is being used.
- Liaise with Business Partners to ensure the ERP / MRP solution meets current and strategic business needs
- Support Business Units in the identification of business issues and their root-causes from the point of view of integrated ERP processes.
- Define tangible and intangible benefits to properly justify ERP / MRP Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Ensure end-2-end process consistency and effectiveness across all applicable SAP modules
- Ensure, with business partners, that project benefits are tracked, realized, and reported.
- Serve as a thought leader in establishing in-house development talent within Store Applications at CarMax
- Create and maintain technology strategy and roadmaps for various business areas
- Manage the technical aspects of development teams to deliver full lifecycle SFDC implementations
- Drive architecture and design technology solutions for solving business problems, while authoring technical specifications and detailed design documents
- Lead and mentor a team of developers, directing all development/testing activities on Store Application's projects to ensure high quality technical implementations
Execution and Results / Project Delivery
- Guide Product teams on high-level analysis of Business Unit business processes and requirements to produce assessments of opportunities and gaps.
- Support the scoping and initiation of Continuous Improvement projects.
- Drive development of integration test scenarios
- Provide direction Testing, To-Be Process mapping, and training documentation. Deliver artifacts when required.
- Support or lead Data Migration / Cutover activities, as required.
- Confirm customer acceptance of ERP / MRP solution and business process
- Execution and completion of assigned work-packages according to methodology
- 3 - 5 years of experience implementing ERP / MRP solutions with PeopleSoft OR SAP OR other ERP / MRP software in a large-scale, enterprise environment
- 10+ years of overall development and architecture experience
- 2+ ERP Experience with one of the following (SAP, Siebel, Oracle PeopleSoft, NetSuite, Kenandy, Rootstock, Financial Force, MS Dynamics AX, MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics 365)
- ERP Experience should preferably be in the areas of Sales, Purchasing, Inventory Management, MRP Processes
- Integration experience with enterprise systems
- Proven track record of developing an organization and achieving results through others
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for driving strategic initiatives through large and diverse organizations. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within multiple work streams at one time
- Experience with Salesforce.com or SaaS platforms
- External website experience including content management systems, search, e-Commerce and related technologies.
- Automotive Industry experience a plus
- 3+ Years of Java Development experience
- Salesforce developer experience a bonus
- Experience with Agile development preferred, SAFe experience a bonus
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science or IT related course of study preferred
Candidates must be legally authorized to work for any U.S. employer on a full-time basis. Sponsorship will be considered for this specific role
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top