e-Learning Developer II
- Kennesaw, GA
9002 - Carmax Auto Finance - 225 Chastain Meadows Ct NW, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Deliver a world-class customer service experience
Each year, CarMax Auto Finance helps more than 300,000 customers with their vehicle financing. We strive for a simple and seamless experience by offering fast, on-site financing, competitive terms, and convenient payment methods. Our teams understand that the purchase of a vehicle is just the beginning and we're committed to being there for our customers throughout every step and milestone of vehicle ownership. The Developer II, Learning is critical to enabling our associates to deliver an iconic customer experience with the development of on demand e-learning for our associates.
What you will do
- Partner with various functional departments to develop new learning content and review existing eLearning training courses for updating and enhancement
- Gain buy-in and support from stakeholders to determine the best training method based on scope and objectives of the training. Deliver a finished product in line with CarMax standards
- Provide guidance on user-centered design and placement, layout, color, images, usability and interactivity by leveraging technology
- Act as a resource to team members in the development of eLearning course
- Be familiar with the corporate Learning Management System (LMS) to generate necessary reports and manage IT issues related to the publishing of eLearning courses.
- Monitor and report out on the completion of compliance related courses as outlined by the Compliance Management System
Equip and empower our associates and business partners
At CarMax Auto Finance, our associates are truly the foundation of company success. As a Developer II on the Learning team, you have the unique opportunity to personally contribute to each Associate's career success. You will collaborate with the business to create effective learning courses that resonate. It takes a solid understanding of technical learning combined with an ability to balance business needs with end-user responsiveness. Our philosophy on learning and training is that it should be engaging and interactive, therefore this role will be expected to think creatively, learn about and leverage new technologies to delivery efficient, effective and engaging training.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and 3+ years of experience in developing eLearning instructional courses (at least 3 years of interactive instructional design)
- Experience with creating AICC and SCORM compliant e-learning modules
- Experience in project management
- Experience in desktop multimedia and web-based development software (Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite products); Experience filming and editing video, audio recording and editing preferred
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top