Director, Credit Risk
- Kennesaw, GA
9002 - Carmax Auto Finance - 225 Chastain Meadows Ct NW, Kennesaw, Georgia, 30144
CarMax, the way your career should be!
About this Job
The Director of Credit Risk and Analytics is responsible for establishing all originations strategies for CarMax Auto Finance including Credit Policy, Reserve Modeling, and Portfolio Management. Additionally, the Director of Risk and Analytics is responsible for partnering with the Servicing Organization to establish all Account Management, Collections, and Servicing strategies associated with the CarMax Auto Finance Portfolio. This is accomplished through the management of an analytical team of 15-20 individuals as well as partnering with peers and the most Senior Leaders in the CarMax organization.
You Will Spend Your Time
- Provide direction for the development of Originations strategies (including credit policy, portfolio management, and fraud mitigation) using sophisticated analytic techniques.
- Provide direction for the development of Portfolio Management and Collections strategies.
- Own the delinquency and loss forecasting process that drives earnings assumptions, external reporting, collections staffing, and fuels requirements to adjust originations ad portfolio management strategies.
- Provide key support to the Treasury team in the funding and Securitization process. This would include external reporting, developing presentations for Investment Banks and Rating Agencies, and executing all data requirements for the selection of Securitization Pools.
- Provide strong oversight for all regulatory and compliance matters, including the management of operational risk.
- Adhere to, improve and establish a management development framework to foster effective selection, aid in the development and reward of subordinates and create an overall leadership talent pool.
The Director of Credit Risk and Analytics is responsible for driving the analytical efforts required to support the effective management and growth of CAF's portfolio of originations. This role is a key member of the CAF leadership team and must partner with peers within the department and across the larger organization in order to effectively execute the requirements of the role and enable the organization to achieve its strategic goals.
To Be Eligible
- Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, related field or equivalent experience; Masters Degree preferred.
- 8 -10 years of proven credit policy and/or credit risk management experience (or equivalent) across multiple functional areas or products and experience managing analysts and managerial staff. Strong knowledge of financial services preferred.
- Strong conceptual thinking skill to design and manipulate complex mathematical models to explain and predict business metrics and analyze complex data to draw conclusions and make business recommendations.
- Ability to convert vague business objectives into concrete analysis tasks and lead team to tackle systematically
- Ability to convey a strong leadership, professional and positive image to applicants, associates, executives and external agencies and adjust communication to effectively communicate with all verbally, in writing and in presentations.
- Ability to inspire and lead analytical teams to effectively design and execute strategies to meet business goals and objectives
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Back to top