7171 - Gastonia - 1600 Remount Rd, Gastonia, North Carolina, 28054
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, responsible for completing cosmetic inspections, final quality inspections, as well as vehicle cleaning, paint touch-up, wet sanding, and buffing of CarMax used, new, and customer vehicles according to CarMax standards.
On an as needed basis, responsible for Reconditioning Associate and Reconditioning Associate I duties including but not limited to, zone maintenance, prep for delivery, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning, vehicle movement (both on and off lot), basic vehicle detailing including car wash, wash bay, interior cleaning/vacuuming and exterior cleanliness.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute standardized work processes as defined at established pace time
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities with team
- Participate in training of new associates with guidance of Reconditioning Associate Lead
- Perform various cosmetic reconditioning, cleaning and repair processes including, but not limited to: Paint touch up, wet sanding and buffing according to CarMax standards
- Complete Cosmetic Inspections
- Complete Final Quality Inspections
- Ensure work place cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Identify defects and most appropriate repair methods according to CarMax standards
- Provide auction support
- Drive vehicles on and off lot
- Provide outstanding customer service at all times
- Complete duties as assigned by Leads and Managers
Position requires the following pre-requisites and ability:
- Complete all training on-line and hands-on, including KRONOS Training for Hourly Associates
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Meet Reconditioning Associate and Reconditioning I Performance Standards
- Successful completion of Reconditioning Associate, Reconditioning Associate I and II Workstation Certifications
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Perform manual tasks at a specific pace for a specific period of time
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Complete CarMax provided training in all functional areas of the inventory process, allowing for cross-training and full coverage of the inventory and detail area
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.