Data Quality Analyst
As a Data Quality Analyst, you will play a key role in CarMax’s newly-formed Data Governance organization. This position will be responsible for measuring, monitoring, and improving the quality of our critical data assets.
In this role, you will collaborate with resources across CarMax to ensure compliance with data quality standards. Using your extensive data profiling and system analysis skills, you will identify the drivers of data quality issues and make recommendations for remediation.
You will also provide tactical support to the Data Governance organization by responding to business requests, providing meeting logistics, and maintaining documentation.
At CarMax, we believe in a value-driven approach to Data Governance:
- Focus on the biggest risks and opportunities
- Align to Agile development practices
- Educate and empower our associates to do the right thing
- Partner with data governance resources to analyze, establish, and document the data flows, data lifecycles, technical metadata, data lineage and business definitions of information models
- Partner with project teams and Architects to understand data impacts and ensure alignment with the Future State Architecture
- Profile data against standard data quality checks in source/target systems on a regular basis to identify significant/systemic trends requiring attention
- Collaborate with IT partners to educate about of the scope of data governance, the value of data quality, and available resources for implementing solutions in accordance with data quality standards
- Develop summarized Data Governance / Data Quality analysis and dashboards using Business Intelligence reporting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience supporting Data Governance, Data Management, and/or Data Quality initiatives
- 5+ years of experience using data quality and visualization tools (Informatica, Tableau)
- Passionate about data quality and data governance
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of data quality concepts and practices, such as data profiling and creating/maintaining data dictionaries
- Experience implementing or maintaining and Master Data Management (MDM)
- Expertise in database technologies (NO-SQL, Relational)
- Experience operating in an Agile development environment
- Ability to investigate a hypothesis and present root cause analysis recommendations based on quantifiable metrics
- Ability to collaborate and influence across organization boundaries
- Knowledge of SQL and ability to perform complex querying
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in STEM field)
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top