Customer Service Team Manager
CarMax has been a Fortune “100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005”, awarded a 2016 Top Workplaces honor by The Atlanta Journal Constitution and ranked 5th of Atlanta’s top 25 large companies, and Training magazine’s “Top 125 Training Companies” 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
Here are a few facts about CarMax Auto Finance (CAF):
- Portfolio size of more than $10 billion.
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym…etc.
- We provide benefits that support the diverse needs of our workforce (e.g., flexible time, adoption assistance, domestic partner health care coverage, and more)
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
At CarMax Auto Finance, Team Managers set the tone for their team. Leading by example, it is their responsibility to ensure all departmental and company goals are met while leading Associate development, inspiring Associate engagement and maintaining an exceptional quality of service for all CarMax Auto Finance customers. They must provide daily motivation and oversight to a team of up to 20 nonexempt employees to maintain compliance and promote productivity. They will conduct necessary reviews, balance scheduling and perform all required HR responsibilities to sustain a successful department.
Team Managers are empowered to create and execute strategies to drive ongoing improvement. Through frequent analysis and reporting, they work to track successes and based on their results, create incentives to motivate and reward Associates for peak performance.
- Supervise, develop and motivate non-exempt associates.
- Resolve elevated customer issues/inquiries/disputes that require resolution/decisions outside of policy via phone.
- Create and approve incentive plans to motivate associates to achieve goals. Track, measure, and process incentives for payments.
- Review associate schedule requests and analyze associate coverage to ensure scheduling meets required business needs.
- Conduct live or recorded phone monitors/account audits to evaluate quality of service provided and compliance with company policies.
- Complete month end reviews with Sr. Specialists, and Specialists to provide performance feedback.
- Oversee and/or conduct associate technical training and educate associates regarding CarMax philosophies.
- Recruit, interview, make hiring decisions and extend employment offers.
- Complete annual Associate Performance Reviews and develop/review associate individual development plans.
- Analyze and track department trends based on data/reporting and recommend/implement policy and procedure updates or changes.
- Ensure associate compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in creating department goals and execute strategies to improve performance and drive associate engagement.
Back to top