Customer Service Representative Level I
CarMax has been a Fortune "100 Best Companies to Work For since 2005", ranked 5TH of Atlanta's top 25 large companies in 2016, and Training magazine's "Top 125 Training Companies" 2008-2015. Our culture is built upon the values of respect, integrity and transparency, and we live these values every day in how we treat our Customers and our Associates.
Here are a few facts about CAF (CarMax Auto Finance):
- Portfolio size of more than $10 billion.
- Great work-life balance, community involvement, team engagement events, on-site gym...etc.
- We provide benefits that support the diverse needs of our workforce (e.g., flexible time, adoption assistance, domestic partner health care coverage, and more)
- Not a suit & tie environment, think jeans and sneakers.
Under limited supervision, the Customer Service Representative at CarMax Auto Finance is responsible for answering incoming phone calls from customers and resolving any questions received from customers on the status of their account.
- Take incoming phone calls from customers and answer customer questions regarding his/her account.
- Resolve any customer issues regarding their account, partnering with a supervisor if necessary.
- Verify customer information on account is correct and update as necessary using computer screens.
- Advise customers of the status of their account (paid current or past due) by reviewing account information on collections system.
- Educate customers regarding their account, interest accruals, late fees, credit reporting, payment options and account management options.
- Influence customers to make payments on the account.
- Process customer payments via inter-company computer systems.
- Annotate accounts in inter-company systems to document all interactions with the customer.
- Process customer correspondence requests and return mail.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures including collection policies/laws.
- Work with other departments/personnel where necessary to resolve customer questions/issues.
- Perform above functions within department expectations/metrics.
Training begins on Monday, 09/11. Training is Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 pm. You must be available to attend and pass ALL of the training to continue full time employment.
WORK SCHEDULE AFTER TRAINING:
Monday - Friday: Variable (2 nights and 3 Mids/Days) Variable Saturdays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Multi-task in a high energy and fast-pace work environment.
- Speak and listen effectively with CarMax customers via phone.
- Ability to recognize problems, resolve or escalate as needed.
- Use a variety of talks offs to convince the customer to make a payment.
- Tolerate stressful interactions with customers.
- Complete CarMax provided training as required.
- Understand and adhere to company policies and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or 1 month related experience/training.
Basic typing skills including minimum accuracy requirements.
Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with customers, associates, supervisors and managers.
- Ability to convey a professional and positive image to customers and associates.
- Execute basic math skills.
- Apply a common sense approach/understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions and ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The position requires the candidate to perform many functions using the telephone.
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Pleasant, but busy office, taking direction from more than one supervisor.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Casual company dress code.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top