Customer Relations Analyst
The Customer Relations Analyst is responsible for response and resolution to escalated customer contacts and general customer inquiries received at the Home office. The CR Analyst researches & partners with a variety of Home Office teams & store management teams in the resolution of customer concerns. Home Office teams include: Executive Offices, Legal, Public Relations, Operational Teams, and Accounting.
- Customer concern resolution & Executive response - Respond to escalated customer phone calls, emails & letters. Research concerns and partner with senior store management to provide guidance & resolution. May include partnership with other HO departments during discovery, including Legal, Public Relations, Accounting, Loss Prevention, etc. Partners with Analyst II and Sr. Analysts for guidance. Weekend and evening support as needed to support the business.
- Customer inquiry response - Respond to general inquiries from customer phone calls and other escalated contact types
- Monitor escalated customer concerns on Social Media sites & blogs - Respond to negative customer posts, research concerns and partner with senior store management to provide guidance & resolution. Weekend on-call support as needed, to respond to positive & negative customer activity on social media.
- Train & answer questions of visiting field managers for the Customer Relations Rotation Program, including providing peer feedback in CRR.
- Miscellaneous meetings, training, filing, special assignments, time away.
- Building relationships with Home Office teams as well as store management teams in order to resolve customer concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Participate in projects with internal partners (CR team, stores, home office departments) to support business needs and promote continual process improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to motivate peers
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to provide "win-win" solutions while resolving customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to use functional knowledge while serving as a resource for internal customers, field management teams & external customers
- Moderate travel required (3-10 days per year)
- Weekend on-call support as needed
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of General Business experience and 1-3 years of Customer Service experience, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to multi-task using phone, administrative, and research skills in a relatively fast-paced daily environment
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor during all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work productively with little supervision.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top