Coordinator II - Business Planning
IT Business Planning...We run IT like a business! With a strategic focus around IT finance, project delivery, and portfolio and vendor management, our highly visible team influences the execution of CarMax IT. Our committed team of professionals engages with CarMax associates at many levels to further the growth of our organization while providing resources to support and deliver technology-based initiatives.
The Coordinator II supports and maintains the portfolio, delivery and financial systems used to run IT. These systems provide efficient ways to plan, track and manage our IT resources and help facilitate decisions on spend and delivery by aggregating data and providing insights through reporting. This Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations, user administration, reporting and analytics and data quality. It also assists with continuous improvement efforts of the department and team.
What are those systems you ask?
Innotas (P3) is used to manage portfolios of initiatives in which CarMax is investing. It is used to track and report initiative status, timelines, time tracking and phases and health by Project Managers.
Rally/Agile Central is used by Agile teams to break down initiatives into features and stories and for sprint planning and execution. It integrates with Innotas and ALM and allows dev teams and product owners the ability to track project milestones and ensure efficiency.
Financial Tools will be utilized for budgeting and forecasting expenditures. This data is used by the IT financial analysts and IT leadership team.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Support and Administration of Systems in IT Business Planning
- Assign user subscriptions and access; monitor usage; reassign as needed
- Monitor and enforce data quality standards defined for each platform. Communicate and assist users with remediation (Examples, time tracking, status updates, dates, approvals)
- Provide first level ticket support for platform and user issues. Work with the application owner and vendor when needed to resolve issues
- Partner with application owners on vendor relationships - monitor release notes of regular system updates, new capabilities and facilitate communication and training to active users.
Reporting and Analytics
- Run, distribute and maintain existing reports
- Develop a deep understanding of how the data resides in the systems and provide recommendations on how to improve existing reports
- Partner with application owners and users to identify report requirements
- Create new reports, as needed, at the portfolio, program, initiative and team level.
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests
System configuration and Content Management
- Assist product owners to configure system changes as needed due to changing business needs. Examples include hierarchy and structure changes, fiscal year cut over, new requirements, etc.
- Manage content in data driven fields (Examples: Vendors, Managers, Portfolio Categories)
- Create and maintain job aids and training materials
- Complete monthly and yearly data load processes
- Support other functions and capabilities of the IT Business Planning team as needed
- Collaborate with product owners to brainstorm on continuous improvement of the systems and processes
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience.
- Experience working with and analyzing large data sets
- Experience configuring SaaS platforms a plus
- Experience with Project Management, IT Finance or Agile, a plus
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated analysis and decision making in writing reports and understanding data relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to tailor the message to the audience and coherently explain what action is needed
- Ability to link business process and system use through integrated thinking
- Ability to identify and simplify technical complexity
- Application support for off-the-shelf software
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top