Coordinator II - Business Operations
This position is responsible for managing all third party DMV relationships and contracts and managing the process timelines for CarMax to obtain a Dealer License in new locations. Responsibilities include general project work supporting Business Operations strategic projects as well as initiatives and projects of key business partners. Responsibilities also include coordinating CVR installation for new stores, project management based on CVR software or state changes, and supporting the new store management team by facilitating a GO timeline and associate training resource guide.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the application for and acquisition of dealer licenses for all Grand Opening locations within existing states and support the New State Manager(s) in Business Operations for Grand Opening locations in new states.
o Coordinate with several Business partners, Company Officers, and State Agencies to ensure dealer license is acquired in time for the store grand opening. Some of these requirements may include but are not limited to the following.
- Ensure completion of background checks, finger printing, and the collection of personal information on the company Officers for dealer license application
- Consult with Facilities, IT, and Construction on building status, giving direction on time line requirements related to the dealer license.
- Persuade State Agencies/Dealer Associations to move the dealer licensing process forward while being a champion for CarMax, escalating issues as needed.
- Establish and adjust all time lines as store GO dates move or as requirements change.
- Collaborate with Dealer Associations in preparation and during the process of obtaining a dealer license.
- Coordinating schedules of store and Home Office associates for the dealer inspection.
- Support Business Operations strategic projects and key business partners/departments in other projects as assigned. The projects/departments may include but are not limited to:
o Business Operations
- New Store/State
- DMV Research
- Field Support
- Business Office Training
o Customer Relations
o Central Title
o Financial Services and Product
- Assist with general new state/store coordination:
o Obtain dealer plates and Sales Licenses for new stores to ensure store will be able to conduct business by Grand Opening Date, influencing Sr. Management when needed.
o Partner with Tax Department to coordinate consistency when applying for dealer license, plates and renewal.
o Establish and track project milestones within multiple timelines/phases and develop effective contingency plans to overcome unexpected obstacles.
o Act as a liaison between new stores and state agencies.
- Responsible for CVR and other DMV-related 3rd parties
o Establish CVR set-up and other DMV related contracts for New Store Location
o Monitor renewal of CVR and other DMV related contracts for existing locations, ensuring timely completion.
- Support the grand opening process through general facilitation of the Grand Opening Checklist Timeline and Training Resource Guides.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to change
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with multiple business groups
- Ability to demonstrate strong team behaviors in line with CarMax values, including integrity, respect, inclusion, fairness, and fun
- Ability to resolve customer service issues in a positive and professional manner
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while balancing time, multi-tasking and interruptions
- Ability to understand and follow proper processes
- Ability to deliver on objectives and meet deadlines for projects
- Position requires strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of General Business experience and 3-5 years of Customer Service experience, preferred.
- Bachelor's degree, preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to multi-task using phone, administrative, and research skills in a relatively fast-paced daily environment
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor during all interactions with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work productively with little supervision.
Meet Some of CarMax's Employees
IT Manager, Online Platform
As the IT Manager, Eddy oversees the team that builds the platform which runs everything users interact with on the CarMax website and the CarMax apps.
Back to top